Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I searched a lot for this one. I've installed an aftermarket alarm on my '88 MKIII.... major PITA. But, I've managed to get everything in EXCEPT for the parking lights. Every post I read refers to: "| PARKING LIGHTS -|pink | |steering column |
". I can't fine a singls solid pink wire anywhere under the driver's steering column.

I took off the column cover and followed the wires out of the turn signal/headlight arm. Coming from the arm there are 4 wires, one green, one red, one white and one with clear insulation.

I, followed those wire past the spool/coil of wire for the telescoping column to the harness. They all change on the otherside of the harness, but still no pink anything.... the closest was purple w/ white stripe.

Does anyone know which of those four solid colored wires to tap for the parking lights? and is it still going to be negative?

Oh, I did try posting this in the Audio/Alarm section, but I'm getting nothing but crickets there.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
I remember i had problems finding my parking light wire too! Let me pull up a DEI tech tip and see what they say....

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Parking Lights+ green drivers kick panel

that's the one i used cuz one, i didn't wanna change the polarity and two i couldn't find the pint one :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd rather stick to a neg. pulsed line, but if I must where in the driver's kick? I can't find my MM so I experimented by unplugging each harness one at a time and trying the lights... everytime the lights worked fine. There are two plugs I couldn't get to, both along the top and all the way over by the firewall but I can't get to them at all.... too much in the way.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
what kind of alarm are yo uusing?

I don't remember where the wire is dude, I isntalled my stuff over a year ago. i do know it wasn't diffficult to get to.

one thing you might like to try....

i didn't hook up my door trigger wire to the door trigger... i hooked it upto the dome light.

if you've ever noticed when you lift and release your drivers handle it sets off the dome light? obviously the dome light will also light up with your door open.

what that does is if anyone lifts your handle it will set your alarm off :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about the door handle thing... but it should go to an aux sensor line. My driver's side door handle is the only one with a sensor. There isn't one on my passenger side. But, it's no biggie to me. My alarm pages me and my pre-alarm is VERY sensitive.

I'm using a Crimestopper CS-2025FM TW1.... seems like a decent unit.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind about using the dome as a sensor on an aux line.... the alarm would still go off once they opened the passenger door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts