Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am having some problems with my viper 5900 alarm, when i press the lock button on the transmitter it beeps once showing it locked all doors and shows on the transmitter it has been armed (normal things that a good working alarm does). ..but after a couple of secs later it beeps again and it shows the hood blinking on the transmitter screen. Before i had any problems, if i would disarm the alarm, open any doors and close them again, the led light would start blinking and after 10 to 15 secs the alarm would arm by itself and all doors would lock...now it doesnt do that, when i try to do the same steps, the led doesnt blink and i disarm, open and close door and it doesnt arm it self after those 10 to 15 seconds. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

· Registered
11,198 Posts
not to be a douche but you might want to simplify your question, i read it twice and im still not exactly sure what you are talking about but anyway, the reason why i responded was, as silly as this sounds, when a transmitters battery is going itll often do weird things and also when the battery voltage of a car drops low, that can also have an affect on the alarm. just a few suggestions.

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
everything i wanted to say above is that my alarm is not working like it should...with symptoms of: its not arming itself when i get out of vehicle, and when i arm it with the transmitter it shows the hood icon on the screen as if someone was trying to open the hood or it was triggered. let me know if this helps

· Registered
748 Posts
The one beep after lock indicates that one of the alarm sensors is not ready (ie. door open) Most likely the hood switch pin has a problem so that the alarm thinks the hood is open. With the Viper I believe it will not auto-arm if a door or hood is open.

· Lee's Car Stereo-Cen Cal
357 Posts
The one beep after lock indicates that one of the alarm sensors is not ready (ie. door open) Most likely the hood switch pin has a problem so that the alarm thinks the hood is open. With the Viper I believe it will not auto-arm if a door or hood is open.
what he said..................if you leave your doors open and arm the alarm the pager will beep telling you a door is open......common sense check your hood pin...it can be bad or loose.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.