Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done a search on this and i have had no help

anyway, i pressed the unlock button, and started the car. nothing happened except and alarm went off. the problam i having which i cant find in the search page is that when i press lock again it doesnt lock. i have pressed locked numerous times and the car makes the noise as if it is locking the car but it doesnt.

what i wanted to know is can someone tell me how to disable the stock car alarm, and i mean go into depth please, so i get go to a shop and get a new better one. THX

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
It's actually pretty simple. It's been discussed a few times by myself as well as a few others, but I'll do my best to explain it.

The stock alarm is disabled if your hood is up. The system thinks you are broke down on the side of the road or somethin.

What you do is go to where the hood latches and you will see a small black plastic piece of trim. Pull that back and under there you will see a harness. Unplug that harness and connect the two wires on that harness together. When you put them together, the car thinks the hood is up and the stock alarm will never work again.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Most aftermarket alarms have a "factory alarm disable" wire on them, mine did i just spliced into the harness in the kick panel and the factory unit hasnt given me any problems.
The wire color on my 91 is purple/yellow it has - (negative) polarity for disarm, i guess the other way would work but its kind of ghetto.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, now i have cut the 2 black wires which were connected to a black mechanism with "denso 1651" on it and spliced them together. and still nothing. i must have donw the wrong thing because sometimes when i try and start the call the alarm light flashes on and sometimes it still goes off. have i spliced the right wires???? also now the mechanism with "denso 1651" is connected to nothing. is this right?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote from previous thread
"If you want to completly de-activate it unplug the sensor from the hood latch. It will never arm itself if you do that."

can someone please post a pic of this??? i have disconnected something and the alarm still goes off. sorry for so many question but I NEED my car

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not everyone at once.....

but seriously i need help fast. i did the mod everyone else does and still the car doesnt start

1 - 9 of 9 Posts