Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to make an aftermarket alarm work with the factory alarm? I like the fact that the factory alarm will 'alarm' if someone unlocks the door... they dont' even have to open it, j ust unlock it.

from what I remember about a year ago there was only one choice... totally forget about the factory alarm.

if the factory alarm was hooked upto the aftermarket it would arm ok, but when the aftermarkt alarm unlocked the doors it would set the factory alarm off....

anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I had my car taken in several times to see about making them both work, but three different shops around here couldn't do it.

The problem we ran into was this:

1. I had passive arming enabled so it would automatically arm after about 2 minutes of the car being turned off. However, passive alarm wouldnt' lock the doors.

2. When I took the key out, I had to lock the doors manually. Which is what I preferred anyway.

3. If the stock alarm is active, it won't let you lock the doors with the car running with the door open. It thinks the key is sitll in the car and thinks you are getting out and forgetting your keys so it immediately unlocks the doors.

4. We just fianlly disabled the factory one and everything worked great after that.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
I've never liked aftermarket alarms. I had one on my Wrangler, and it had one of those sensors so if anyone was peeking in the window to check out my goodies, it would chirp to warn them.... damn thing always went off when I didnt want it to. I was truely impressed by the stock alarm. It has the basic functions of an aftermarket one, but the only time that thing is gonna go off is when someone is actually messing with your door, or unlocking it from the inside. Ignition kill is a nice too. I say keep the stocker. But I think if you went aftermarket, it would be safe bet that you would want to completely remove the stock alarm so you won't have any problems.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there anyway to REMOVE the stock alarm? not disable it?

I know where the modual is, but if I remove it i imagine some shits gunna get jacked up

I like the stock one alot, its pretty good but if someone were to break my window and steal my shit... the ararm wouldn' thave a clue :-\

I'm going to set a prox sensor on my viper791, but only for the inside of my car so they really have to get in there to set it off....

*sigh* fucking car theives :rolleyes:

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
you don't need prox, just get shock, glassbreak, and tilt. That's enough for anyone unless you really want extra false alarms. If you want prox, buy a Clifford G5 with the Omnisensor - it is the only prox on the market worth a shit.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm only going to have the prox encompass an area inside my car... that way when i have the top off and someone reaches in....

it'll be pretty un-sensitive

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol @ wideband install

thanks man, i'll read that a bit more once i get my alarm, looks complicated :p

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
yeah, i had the links to the pdf's reversed

the most difficult part was un-mounting all three junction boxes in the drivers kick panel. some of the plugs i reference were on the back side of one or two of them. I had to un-mount all three to get enough slack and working room to be sure I had the right wire. you may find an easier way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts