Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be buying a viper 771vx (remote start, keyless, turbo timer) and i was wondernig how hard it was to install. My dad is a very good w/ electronics and will be helping me. He rebuilds old radio, does HAM stuff, fixes all kinds of shit, so he is pretty good. I am also pretty good w/ installing amps, subs, speakers, head units, etc. Just never done an alarm system. Also...does anyone know how to utilize the turbo timer feature on the 771 or otehr models w/ this feature.

thanks,
jb

·
Search
3,305 Posts
turbo timer function, I THINK, is the same as remote start button, just when the car's running... or it might be aux+star... either wya it'll tell you in your manual

i'll tell you tomorrow that's when I'm installing mine

i wouldn't recommend trying it yourself if you arn't sure...

if you wanna try I can get you the wiring colors/polarities you'd need

·
Registered
709 Posts
Supras are really easy to install alarms in, ofcourse I have done hundreds of alarms and countless supras so it is all relative. As I always say your alarm is only as good as the install on it. There are tons of wires in that box so if you don't know what you are doing it can be quite scary. If it gets too overwhelming 150-200 isn't to much to pay to rid yourself of a headache.

·
Registered
709 Posts
and yes the turbo timer function works with the key in the ign while the car is on you just press the aux+star button to keep your car running. You can go through the menu to make the duration longer or shorter.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool...boosted...leme know how it goes...and if you can get a wiring schematic for an MKIII for me, that would be AWESOME :D ...as far as paying someone to do it..i can't get anyone to do...NO ONE in town will install remote start on a manual car.. >( ...my dad is very experianced and i think we should be able to handle it...i think my only problem will be actually GETTING to the wires...i'm kind of a bigger person...so smaller, japaneese cars hate me, lol. we will see. I plan on picking the 771vx up on fri. I will let everyone know how the install goes if i get to it this weekend.

thanks! :)

·
Search
3,305 Posts
I'm 6 foot 8 bud, don't complain :)

I left you a message on AIM, but www.bouscal.net/supra.mdi should be all you need.

i didn't highlight trunk or hood pins cuz i'm going to wire new ones, the stock ones are intergrated into the stock alarm, which is going to be completely disabled :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like i was complaining. What program do I use to open a *.mdi?

·
Registered
105 Posts
mk3 wiring schematic

12volts white - white/red + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Second Starter
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Ignition black/orange + ignition harness
Third Ignition
Accessory pink/blue + ignition harness
Second Accessory
Keysense
Power Lock green/yellow - either kick panel
Power Unlock blue/black - either kick panel
Lock Motor
Unlock Motor
Parking Lights+ green drivers kick panel
Parking Lights- pink steering column
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger red/white - drivers kick panel
Dome Supervision
Trunk/Hatch Pin yellow/black - drivers kick panel
Hood Pin tied with trunk
Trunk/Hatch Release
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm brown/yellow - either kick panel
Factory Alarm Disarm purple/yellow - either kick panel
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer black ac check connector
Wait to start
Brake Wire green/white + drivers kick panel
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger blue/red - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to mention that i have a JDM engine...is this going to effect my wiring at all? (i know it seems like a dumb question, but i know nothing about jdm mkIII :( )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts