Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an alarm system in my house, whole time I've lived here no break ins or anything. Have motion sensors and door sensors.

Unfortunately I have a stalker who has been harassing me, my friends, and family lately so i armed it tonight.

I just got woken up to the alarm. I went down stairs and looked at my unit. The toruble light is on and the zone 4 light is on. Zone 4 is my front door. It was unlocked(i locked it, im damn sure.)

Anyways my question is, how do I turn this f'ing thing off? I've searched my house multiple times over, whoever it was ran away. I've tried opening and closing the door and putting in my disarm code but it keeps beeping. My phone was off the hook so I don't know if the police have tried to call.

What do I do?

·
turbo
582 Posts
Wow thats scary shit. Do you know who this guy is? Put a camera up to see what he looks like. Beat the living shit out of him and then have him put in jail. Can you shut the power to your house off and maybe it will clear the alarm.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow thats scary shit. Do you know who this guy is? Put a camera up to see what he looks like. Beat the living shit out of him and then have him put in jail. Can you shut the power to your house off and maybe it will clear the alarm.
Yes. I knew him for 5 years, one day he randomly stabs me in the back and turns into a complete psycho. I tell him to leave me alone and he starts harassing me, my friends, and my sister. He also made sexual advances on my best friend who happens to be a female. He has also made threats against me, and my best friend.

I've put in for a restraining order and I'm patiently waiting.

I'm hoping he's really not this crazy and it's some random failure. Needless to say I am creeped the fuck out right now.

·
Killing Owls 2 stop O Rly
885 Posts
I think most alarm systems turn off if you press and hold the * key

Edit: oh and have you checked the batteries? If they get low it is supposed to go off, though tell you that is the reason. Not sure if that could be the problem.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just got done speaking to the police.

They asked me if I saw anyone or had any people that might want to harm me. I didn't tell them in fear it would piss this guy off and he'd come back with his wanna be gang bang buddies(who all apparently have guns) and shoot up my place. or even worse, go to my friends place and do something to her. If they lay a hand on her, so help me god, :die: . That is why I didn't say anything. If they try to retaliate on me by hurting her, I would never forgive myself.

I still can't say for sure who it was, and I'm not going to go anywhere with it unless another incident occurs. In which case I will be pushing full charges.

·
...smell like cabbage
1,097 Posts
I just got done speaking to the police. The alarm was tripped and they responded. It wasn't a failure.

They asked me if I saw anyone or had any people that might want to harm me. I didn't tell them in fear it would piss this guy off and he'd come back with his wanna be gang bang buddies(who all apparently have guns) and shoot up my place. or even worse, go to my friends place and do something to her. If they lay a hand on her, so help me god, :die: . That is why I didn't say anything. If they try to retaliate on me by hurting her, I would never forgive myself.

I still can't say for sure who it was, and I'm not going to go anywhere with it unless another incident occurs. In which case I will be pushing full charges.
I understand where you are coming from but you shouldn't have lied to the police. You can have everything kept private especially if the information will place someone's life in danger. It will help keep you, your friend, and your family safer having the police involved. Just my .02

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Your alarm system isn't remotely monitored by a security company?

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Tyler, you really should stop talking shit man.

I was at a house party last night and have at least 15 other people that will vouch as to where I was all damn night. I'm not going to waste MY weekend because of your shit talking.

I have no violent history or a criminal record. I don't know why you're shaking in your boots so bad. I'm not going to risk my ability to get a CCW because you're butthurt that I hung out with a girl you like alone (even though I invited you along even before I had talked to her).

But how about a heads up on what you're going to do next since you're obviously unwilling to let things go? I mean you already messed with my email account, a myspace (although that was funny, friends got a good laugh out of it), and my own supraforums account here. You've now accused me of breaking and entering into your parent's home. Is there anything else you'd like to do here, or are you finally going to get over things?

·
Total Supraholic
632 Posts
I thought the trouble light just meant a zone fault (wire/sensor problem), not a tripped sensor? Your disarm code should shut it up even if a sensor went bad, I would think? although you may have to bypass a zone if it's got a sensor problem to get it to shut up. If the sensors are wired and someone cuts the wire that would piss it off too afaik.
Surely someone didn't come in, trip the system, try to make it stop, then run away when they heard you moving around in the house? :eek:
Good luck with that scary situation!

·
JZA80
3,114 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
there should be some kind of off, clear, or reset key. hit that then your code or try the code first then that button. also your monitoring service should be able to disarm it remotely.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Can you shut the power to your house off and maybe it will clear the alarm.

:lol:

that would be way too easy for crooks.

they have battery backups and can only be turned off by the security company or your code

...in for drama...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts