Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of solutions do you guys have for this dilemma? As is I've got a passive arm, but unfortunately it won't arm unless the door has been opened and closed after the car is shut off.

I'm thinking about getting it re-wired so I can arm it while the car is on, but I was wondering what everyone else had worked out for this.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
Rewire the alarm so it looks for the acc off and not the engine off. That way... when you remove the key, your engine stays on... but your acc turns off... the computer sees the acc turn off... and the door open and close.

Although if you have one of those annoying alarms (motion sensor set so sensitive that people walking by set it off)... you will have to figure out how to keep that from being active while the car is on.

Keith

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
My passive alarm is wired into the ignition of the car itself, so it knows when the car has been turned off. I can lock the doors with the car running and walk away and once the car is shut off via the TT, then it will arm after 30 seconds.

·
SP-61GT powered
289 Posts
My Viper Alarm was installed so that the system can be armed with the turbo timer still letting the engine idle. The only problem is that the ignition warning sensor complains. Hopefully I can get this fixed before the spring...

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
The passive arming on my alarm does not lock the doors, so when I get out i just lock the doors myself and then the car will arm itself afterwards. If I push the buttons on the alarm, I can lock the doors, but not while the car is running. The only way that I know that you can lock the doors while the car is running and the door is open, is to disable the stock alarm. If the stock alarm thinks the car is still running and the door is open, it should immediately unlock itself to prevent you from locking your keys in the car.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
You could disable the - door courtesy light switch - then the car won't know if the door is open or not.

I know this because mine sometimes function/ sometimes don't and I noticed once when I locked the door with the lock button it did lock and the keys were still in the ignition and engine running, fiddled with the switch the tried to lock the door again and it unlocked them. Of course if you disable this switch, your inter lights will not come on when you open the door.

G

·
If you have a Viper alarm (or most any other DEI alarm), almost all of them will arm while the car is running, even if you are in it. All you have to do is hold the switch down for an extra 5, or so, seconds.

Dunno about other brands, have only installed/used DEI before.

If you have one of the higher end DEI's, and it won't arm like this, go to any shop that installs DEI and have them use the byteWriter to turn the option on (is a lot easier then trying to turn the options on with the remote/valet combo).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts