Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'94 TT

Little by little I find evidence of some neglect with this car. How could anyone treat a supra this way. First a homemade "plug" in the gas tank, now this.

I'm putting a new stereo system in the car and find this under the carpet:

I then pull it out and trace it back to what appears to be behind the right side of the dash going into the security ECU.

I looked all around and cant find any evidence as to where they were attached at one time. Why would anyone have done this?

:dunno:

thanks
Torin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please can someone look under their passenger side dash and see where this harness bundle routes to. It comes off a larger bundle of wires coming off the theft control module high up under the right side of the dash. you have to hunker down under the dash and look up in there under the glove box with a small flashlight.

Thanks!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks
youre a saint...
i'm pulling my hair out over this. perhaps someone tapped into the wiring for an aftermarket alarm but these wires look stock? ie color coded, 16gauge wires.
some of the colors match the ones in the book that should be going to that computer.
to get to the harness back there would involve removing the entire dash likely.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you get a light and go all the way under your glove box (taking it out wont help)
and look in the opening between there and the heater fan, you will see --if its what i am seeing-- 2 bundles of wires. this one and another one that merge and go to the theft deterent ecu way up high to the right of the dash (actually secured to the underside rt side of the dash).

those are not all the wires going to that location.

what i would love to know is do you guys have this same bundle coming out from that computer and running somewhere away from that location likely under the lower part of the dash

thanks for helping out!
let me know what you find

torin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes. there is a solid violet one in there i believe. i have the electric manual for the car.
many of the colors match the signal wires to the ecu. ie door switches, horns, etc

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
Ok I pulled the glove box and the duct that connects the heater vents and I can see the two ECUs just below the right most heat vent. I don't have the same bundle as in your picture. Maybe they cut what they needed off the connectors.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm
thanks for looking...
so, how is your wiring coming off your orange connectors attached to the theft control computer? just one big bundle going downward and out toward your firewall?
no bundle like I show coming out from the large wire bundle about 4inches from the connector (thats about where the bundle I show comes branching off)

torin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TTT.
BXR,
were you able to take another look about this?

thanks
Torin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts