Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car's got the stock security system, and the clarion SR6000 (or something like that) along with it. Today I had the car up on jackstands, changing fluids, started it, it ran just fine, put it down, and now it won't start.

All interior lights and functions work. Radio plays, headlights work, dash lights work, everything.. the motor just won't turn over. It doesn't even make the clicking noise- IE the starter's getting no juice.

Here's what I've tried:
Every configuration of alarming & unalarming both the stock and clarion alarms.
Key in driver's door
manually pressing the hood switch (for the clarion)
waited about an hour and a half, tried all of them again, still nothing.

It got a little late, so I didn't want to unhook my battery, incase that set off the alarm, but I'm going to try that tomorrow. Anyone else have any suggestions? I no likey bumming rides.

·
Registered
696 Posts
yea dissconect battery for about 10 min. it might reset the alarm.... and then try using the key in the door lock and unlock it maby that will help. if not check the connection on the starter safty wire. a little brown wire that goes to th e starter with a square clip on the end of it.
good luck

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea as I woke up this morning, I remembered my buddy's MKIII, and one time after getting lunch at subway, the car wouldn't start, tried everything.. was the damned starter wire. When I get to my garage this afternoon I'll try that and then unhook the battery. I need to reset the ECU anyways.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
put the car back up today, and yup, signal wire to the starter was disconnected. I guess when I was working on the knock sensors I must have accidentally pulled the wire off. Problem solved!

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts