Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
i got my supra and it has an alarm on it...i want to get another alarm, what is a good alarm that will send a signal to the remote saying the car has been touched, or the alarm went off or something? My car has been vandalized once already, nothing bad at all, and i didn't realize it until i got done doing my stuff and went to my car...so are there any alarms out there that will send a signal to you via remote or something notifying you of the car being touched, alarm going off, etc, etc?

if not, whats one of the best alarms out there? i know the install is more important than anything!

thx

S

·
0 Posts
Well since you already have an alarm already, and you just want something that sends a signal to you... You could get the car monitor to add on the alarm at www.carmonitor.com, and it will tell you if your car has been touched.

Check it out, I don't know of anyone who has it but it's only $90 so it's not too bad.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not too concerned with the price as much as I am with quality. I wan't to go with something that is proven to be good, not something cheap that nobody knows anything about. I hear about a viper 500 alarm? That a good one?
Thx

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i have the crimestopper two-way... there are newer two-way alarms out now such as the aladdin alarm which is kinda expensive... but if money is not an issue, it seems pretty cool (the functions and stuff) but the little picture on the remote is a minivan that looks like a rat... anyways i wouldn't suggest getting the crimestopper because the build quality of the remote sucks. cheap plastic... another thing is that it only comes with one remote another one would cost about $150 and no one has one... i even called crimestopper about getting a remote directly from them and they said "the remotes are on back order"?!?! i don't know bout them but anyways... my point is there are better ones... by the way, if anyone can get me another remote or knows where i can get one, please let me know.... thanks

... and if you don't go with a two-way remote, the viper 550 is cool... it was the other one that i was considering... but i don't know much about alarms so i just wanted to comment about the crimstopper... i don't want you to make the same mistake on a remote that looks cheap and break easily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts