Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late post of this weekend's event. The school may be full. Experienced drivers (prep your resume) are invited to join the club on track.

If you aren't familiar with Sandia Motor Speedway, it is a 1.65 mile long 14 turn road course located on 9 Mile Hill West of ABQ. Basically between the dump and the prison. Should be good for another 100 years!

Course is quite tight with a couple hairpin/switchbacks and a couple wide open. Many turns banked. Biggest intimidator is an outside K-wall and flat wall from exit of turn 12 thru just before turn 1. Not hit often, thankully.

Club is SouthWest MotorSport road race club. Also known as SWMS. Unique feature of club is a driver school at every event and allowing street cars on track. We are a safety oriented club - no contact or you'll be disinvited. Many folks drive their race car to the track...and hope to drive home!

We always need more members, workers, students, drivers, spectators, families, friends, sponsors, and benefactors. In other words, check out our web site (google SWMS or SouthWest MotorSport). There is an aerial of the track, our schedule, and a list of contacts, etc.

If you are driving down from Colorado to work or race and want a night or two in Taos, let me know. We run an Inn in downtown Taos and will give racers and workers great rates.

Let's race!

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
Gay i wish i had some extra cash to make it to this. Sounds like fun, maybe ill stop by anyways.

Alex (Alx2785)

·
165.5hp/427lbs
316 Posts
I have been wondering what you have to do to get your street car on the track. I think alot of NM supras would be great since all your setups involve low lag turbos on great suspension. I will be attending quite a few times this year and I hope to be racing my bike this season or next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts