Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I will be lowering my car with KYB shocks and Eibach springs next week. I wanted to know what alignment should be on lowered supra, should it be stock specs or Mr. Lance specs that I found on ...

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/lance_alignment/index.html

These Mr. Lance W. Recommended Alignment. Should I do these ? Anyone with these setting ?

Thanks a lot,
Taimur.

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Run the exact Lance alignment and you will be good to go. It doesn't matter if the car is lowered or stock.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Agreed with Quick,yes go with Lance's spec.I just had some new tires,wheels along with eibachs put on and went with the same specs.
Regards. Yasir

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys. I'll try these settings. My real concern was if it really make a difference from stock.

Anyway thanks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The Lance specs do two things, one which I have had the opportunity to observe. That is, with more negative camber up front, the front end hooks up a little better in a turn. As to the changes in toe in the rear, I have not had my tires long enough to verify that the inside wear problem is lessened. I do know with stock toe setting the inside rears on my car got chewed up real fast. I may expirament on some changes next time but that will be to make mine more suitable for Solo2/autox. Lance is a good street compromise.
:)
Barry H. 94ttsupra 6sp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just installed HR Sport Springs and Koni Shocks.
My setting are

Left Front
Camber -1.28
Caster 3.93
Toe -0.09

Right Front
Camber -1.34
Caster 3.56
Toe --0.07

Left Rear
Camber -1.15
Toe = 0.00

Right Rear
Camber -1.02
Toe 0.01

The car rides great, Not sure how long the tires will last.

Any opinions on these settings ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kcsupratt said:
My setting are

Left Front
Camber -1.28
Caster 3.93
Toe -0.09

Right Front
Camber -1.34
Caster 3.56
Toe --0.07

Left Rear
Camber -1.15
Toe = 0.00

Right Rear
Camber -1.02
Toe 0.01

The car rides great, Not sure how long the tires will last.

Any opinions on these settings ?

Thanks
Kcsupratt I think that you definitely a better alignment that these numbers above. The car may not pull but follow the specs from Lance in the above listed site from mkiv.com, its worth it.

These are my numbers below.
Both Front Both Rear
Camber: -1.0 -1.0
Camber: +4.8 ----
Toe: 0.0 " 0.1 "

You need both front and rear to be equal to each other.
I now have KYB shocks and Eibach springs and I love the way car drives now. The steering wheel feels more solid and connected to the road and car doesn't understeer as much as before with my stock alignment.

Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Taimur

I didn't know about Lance's Alignment numbers. Is it too much much trouble to readjust them now ? How long will it take ?
Are my numbers that bad ?

thanks

·
¿Got Boost?
96 Posts
kcsupratt said:
Hey, i just got some HR Sport Springs too as was wondering how the ride was? Is the ride really stiff? Comparison to Eibach's? I haven't installed them yet, waiting for some KYB's. Thanx for the info.

james

·
Man Of Leisure
15 Posts
I agree with what's been said earlier - use Lance's specs, they will make your tires last longer, the car will still track straight, and the increased caster in the front will give your car better steering feel. I aligned my car to Lance's specs on my Michelin MXX3's, and got nearly 22,000 miles out of them before I changed them.

James - I think Ting Louie (TZL) has HR Sport springs and Konis in his car, he's down in Sunnyvale so you could probably go check his car out...

Edmund
97tt bpu ttc

·
Man Of Leisure
15 Posts
toysupra1 said:
anyone know if lance's alignment specs are compatible with the n/as?
Should be...all lance's alignment is is basically more caster (for steering feel) and less toe in the rear to reduce tire wear. You can take the stock n/a specs and do the same thing...

And yes Lance's specs work with any size tire; tire size is not really a factor in alignment.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kcsupratt said:
Taimur

I didn't know about Lance's Alignment numbers. Is it too much much trouble to readjust them now ? How long will it take ?
Are my numbers that bad ? thanks
No problem. No it shouldn't be problem for an alignment shop to redo it. But make sure the alignment shop you go to will do the alignment according to your specs and if they use laser thats even better.
I had to stand in front the the computer as they were doing the alignment for each tire on my car. And tip the guy before so will do a better job. Normal alignment takes 30 minutes and costs $60 bucks.

Like I said before you probably don't feel your car pull in any direction from what you have now but will make a big difference in the steering feel with Lance's specs. It is worth it.
Goodluck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts