Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now this is a nice alignment! :)

I decided to make some changes to my front suspension. With the stock setup I couldn't get a lot of caster when trying to get camber. I purchased Titan upper control arms and added SuperPro bushings to new lower control arms to see if I could improve the geometry. It looks promising. I'll take it back out to a track day in a month. I'm also making changes to the rear suspension but that will be a subject of another thread :) I'll add some pictures later

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I have not used mine in any serious time attack but isn't -3 camber in the front a bit much? I also think you would benefit from some toe out in the front if time attack is the purpose of this car. I run 2mm toe out in the front and that works good both on track and on the street. I could not get any more than -1 camber and 4 caster, i wanted a tad more camber, but then i would have to sacrifice caster (stock suspension arms). I am impressed that you can get so much more camber and caster by just changing the upper control arms.

The rear is toe in right? When i bought my car it had toe out in the rear and the car was absolutely terrible to drive hard. The rear end was very unstable and it was a paint to control oversteer. I changed to 2,5mm toe in rear and it completely transformed how the car behaves on the track.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Olav. No time attack, just track day fun with my friends. I do have a little bit of toe-in in the back. ~2-3mm total in your units.
I had similar numbers to you with the stock arms -2 camber about +3 caster it's like shopping cart wheels turning :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a close up of the upper arm

I'm really looking forward to driving it soon.

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Let us know on the street use is with those arms. I am considering adding those in the near term and wondered about the added NVH.

DP

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know on the street use is with those arms. I am considering adding those in the near term and wondered about the added NVH.

DP
Driving on the street seems to be fine with these upper arms. There is more feedback through the steering wheel, and response is much sharper all the way around. I'm much happier with the steering in general. The JZA80 is an old design so whatever harshness that was there is no worse. I'm having work done on the rear suspension now which will change everything.....I hope :)

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,884 Posts
8 degrees of caster, damn thats a lot.
Was thinking the same. About double what we get out of really adjusting Oem to almost max.

Doug-Suprafied I think coupled with a tubular LCA with spherical bushing, the NVH becomes a little more apparent. Not so much upper alone. Having both tubular setups would be increased IMO. The feedback I can see being very much crisp. I'm also thinking of something arm wise. All because of the Oem ball joints not being serviceable & rest of bushings are.

Think Titan arms were developed on a real time circuit track car (circuit) and was tested/revised to be offered FS publicly for couple years now

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I change the lower arms I'd most likely replace them with the Figs-Engineering LCA's, specifically because, as RikTT points out, the lower ball joint becomes servicable. I believe thats a good option. :)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
If I change the lower arms I'd most likely replace them with the Figs-Engineering LCA's, specifically because, as RikTT points out, the lower ball joint becomes servicable. I believe thats a good option. :)
Keep in mind that those have a uni ball design. In my experience (track car) they wear out pretty fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts