Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 1320 is king but I'm curious as to what 11 second1/4mile time translates into 0-60.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
High 1.4 60' times are possible with a street drag radial which would still put your 0 - 60 in under 2 seconds. Any single turbo supra needs a drag radial to be drivable, unless you like spinning the tires at 80 mph?

Lar
SP

B

·
0 Posts
LOL....when its cold out(like now) I can power brake and spin 285 tires at 65mph at 18psi..........And when i say spin I don't mean a little 2 second chirp.....I mean, "back end going sideways" type of spin.

0-60 is impossible without spin....I did get a cople of 3.9 sec times on my g_tech.

Big Turbo's are awsome!!! Especially the ones Larry Builds.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
My BPU supra has zero traction right now, I get sideways all the time... but I feel cold pavement plus temporary Kuhmo's are to blame for this :D

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
0-60MPH vs. 0-60 feet.

Everytime someone asks about 0-60 times, SP always responds with a 60' launch time.

Is this some sort of protest to the (pretty much useless) 0-60MPH benchmark, or is there some mystery correlation between 60-foot times and 0-60MPH times?

Thanks.

Sound Performance said:
On our best run it was about 1.5 - 1.6 seconds.

Lar
SP

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: 0-60MPH vs. 0-60 feet.

mfh said:
Everytime someone asks about 0-60 times, SP always responds with a 60' launch time.

Is this some sort of protest to the (pretty much useless) 0-60MPH benchmark, or is there some mystery correlation between 60-foot times and 0-60MPH times?

Thanks.

The reason why SP's 0-60 time looks like a 60' time is because by the time the SP01 car hits the 60' mark, its really close to 60mph (can't remember if it is above or below). It makes sense because the HMS Viper can pull mid 2 second 0-60 times and he pulls low 10 1/4 mile times. Compare that to the SP cars 9.54 run and it makes sense.

-Amir

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
The reason is if we get a 1.44 60' time, at the end of the 60' we are going 57 mph in 1.44 seconds. Therefore our 0-60 mph time is roughly 1.5 seconds. Get it??

Lar
SP

S

·
0 Posts
there may be a correlation between them, but by no means, there is no supra out ther with a 0-60 time in the 1's, Indy cars don't even do it in that. . .

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
stormformance said:
there may be a correlation between them, but by no means, there is no supra out ther with a 0-60 time in the 1's, Indy cars don't even do it in that. . .

Wanna bet a lot $$$ on it???

Think about it!! At the 1/8th mile I am going 117 and that is in 6 seconds!! It is a lot harder to go from 60 - 117 than from 0 - 60.

N

·
0 Posts
All I got to say is DAAAYYYUMMMMNNNNN....1.5 0-60mph, holy shit. My 0-60 is a whopping 7.5+seconds.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :p

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Sound Performance said:
There is a calculation to exactly figure out your mph at the 60' mark knowing your 60' time. So Yes, there is a direct correlation!

Lar
SP
Does that same direct correlation work with 1/8 mile ET's and also 1/4 mile ET's?...I should be able to tell you my 1/8 ET and my 1/4 ET and you should then be able to figure out my MPH correct?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts