Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bar back from the shop. I had it tuned and am putting down a normal 450whp.

Mods are

T78
SAFC VPC Profec B
Stock Fuel
Greddy FMIC
Fuel pressure regulator (keep an eye on things)

Now i might have come from an ok powered car (WRX at 200whp) to my supra. But damn this thing is freakin crazy. It just keeps pulling like a beast. I can't believe all of you crazy people with 7,8,900-1200whp that is just insane. How do you keep you tires on the road, cause i break loose at 50 like its nothing. I myself have Volk GTC's with 285's on the back with decently sticky rubber. Seriously, can you drive those things.

P.S. This is all coming from a hypocrite who will going for 600's in a couple months :)

Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Spinning the tires at that high of MPH is scary. Not long ago my friend Josh gave me a ride in his supra. He was still rockin regular street tires and it was pretty cold out. Sure put alittle scare in me.

I would deffenetly suggest you pickup some good tires.

Have fun and be safe.
 

·
I'm back!
Joined
·
6,712 Posts
Turbo4reek said:
I just got my bar back from the shop. I had it tuned and am putting down a normal 450whp.

Mods are

T78
SAFC VPC Profec B
Stock Fuel
Greddy FMIC
Fuel pressure regulator (keep an eye on things)

Now i might have come from an ok powered car (WRX at 200whp) to my supra. But damn this thing is freakin crazy. It just keeps pulling like a beast. I can't believe all of you crazy people with 7,8,900-1200whp that is just insane. How do you keep you tires on the road, cause i break loose at 50 like its nothing. I myself have Volk GTC's with 285's on the back with decently sticky rubber. Seriously, can you drive those things.

P.S. This is all coming from a hypocrite who will going for 600's in a couple months :)

Josh

LOL....450whp pulls like a beast?? :) Breaking loose at 50?? Mine brakes loose at 100+.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
I have broken loose at 100+ mph on cold, dry asphalt in winter in 4th gear, with my old 61. :eek4dance I learned back then to take it easy in winter and not even bother with high boost.

In dry, warm weather I have no problem hooking 550+ RWHP with 295/35-18 MXs and a little driving techniuqe, that is my fav power level. Much more and you blow the tires off (1st and 2nd only), less and it feels a bit slow (after getting used to 550 :) ).

The best feeling I have ever had in my Supra was a 600 RWHP, 5th gear roll on at 140+ mph, still put back hard in the seat. :bigthumb:
 

·
Hawtness
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
I have broken loose at 100+ mph on cold, dry asphalt in winter in 4th gear, with my old 61. :eek4dance I learned back then to take it easy in winter and not even bother with high boost.

In dry, warm weather I have no problem hooking 550+ RWHP with 295/35-18 MXs and a little driving techniuqe, that is my fav power level. Much more and you blow the tires off (1st and 2nd only), less and it feels a bit slow (after getting used to 550 :) ).

The best feeling I have ever had in my Supra was a 600 RWHP, 5th gear roll on at 140+ mph, still put back hard in the seat. :bigthumb:
those are the exact numbers im looking for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
you get used to it. I've got 800+ right now btu want to go to the next level, investing in some good traction control to save my ass before I take the plunge to 1200-1400 hp :) Boost/ Speed makes life much more enjoyable as well in getting the most out of the tires you choose to use.
 

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
Yea i took my car out on the highway again the other day.... and its definetly a handful when you get up there in power... on et streets rolling the tires off in 1st,2nd,3rd, and part of 4th... it gets your blood going for sure!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
low-mid 600's on pump and have no problems keeping traction.

I have a racelogic and havent even installed it because I dont seem to need it.

Go figure

:1poke:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Not going to see too much difference without moving up to drag radials. Some tire will hook better than others but once you cross a certain mark no "street tire" will offer proper traction.
 

·
Boost Junkie
Joined
·
12,693 Posts
I have an auto with a 3800 rpms stall, built toyo trans, and a 67mm turbo w/cams. At 23psi-around 525whp, I have good success starting a pull around 45-50mph with my BFG KDs-315/35/17. This is in warm weather and on concrete of course. At 29psi (around 585whp) I have to start at more like 65-70mph to keep it from spinning. I like these tires because they are sticky yet you can still hit the corners really hard with them. I figure if I start making more power I'll have to invest in a drag radial so now is a good time to stop;)

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evill Supra said:
I have an auto with a 3800 rpms stall, built toyo trans, and a 67mm turbo w/cams. At 23psi-around 525whp, I have good success starting a pull around 45-50mph with my BFG KDs-315/35/17. This is in warm weather and on concrete of course. At 29psi (around 585whp) I have to start at more like 65-70mph to keep it from spinning. I like these tires because they are sticky yet you can still hit the corners really hard with them. I figure if I start making more power I'll have to invest in a drag radial so now is a good time to stop;)

Steve
Those BFG KDs are the ones that i am thinking i have to go with next. Right now the 285 sumitomo's aren't cutting it. I think i will be just shy of the need for race logic when i am done tuning (around 600whp). Seriously tho, you guy's/girls with 800+ hp all you need are wings and you can fly. :wtflol:
 

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Drag Radials are a Must!!!! My car would hook pretty good till I turned it up to ABOUT 750rwhp. Anything past that you better be paying attention! HA.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top