Supra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Supra Twin Turbo
1,251 Posts
There use to be a seller/buyer rating on here that is displayed underneath your avatar...

·
From the land down under
4,425 Posts
Use to be...being the operative term :(

Thanks to Ken, Jeff, Matt etc who do their best to keep our shrinking community safe from the lurkers that Vertical scope are happy to have trawling through the WTB/FS sub forums

·
Registered
563 Posts
Use to be...being the operative term :(

Thanks to Ken, Jeff, Matt etc who do their best to keep our shrinking community safe from the lurkers that Vertical scope are happy to have trawling through the WTB/FS sub forums
The minimum barrier to entry to steal personal details from a forum should be registration

The places where I’ve sold things and had a high ratio of scammers to legitimate traders, we didn’t accept messages from non registered users. OpSec 101

The web of trust self polices.

y’all act like smarter folks than myself are not crawling the Alexa top one million sites every 15 minutes looking for forum for sale posts so they can use their harvested accounts and credit cards as a US banking money laundering on ramp 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂⛔

·
Administrator
8,998 Posts
I've been trying to get a version of ITrader back for 2 years. Our old trader system is intact but making it work here is another issue.

@forumadmin

·
Registered
235 Posts
I wish you could my account was Steller.
I've been trying to get a version of ITrader back for 2 years. Our old trader system is intact but making it work here is another issue.

@forumadmin

·
Registered
563 Posts

@forumadmin
@FasTTurbo if the forum software changed from something off-the-shelf to whatever verticalscope is running, it may not be possible to say import an iTrader db from phpbb/discourse/vbulletin/simplemachine/whateverthehell.

I've looked at their portfolio and the other forums they own - I doubt they give a shit because this all one big ad revenue generator to them.

·
Super Moderator
10,442 Posts
There used to be an iTrader rating system with feedback recorded, but that was all nuked as part of one of the many software updates that led us to this rather unlikable current state of Supraforums.

Personally I believe all the FS sections should be invisible unless you're logged in and have at least 10 or 20 posts. 10 or 20 posts is enough for the forum staff to sniff out a scammer or other sorts of shitbirds.

I also agree that other changes to FS section requirements are overdue as well, as times they are a'changin'.
But the big first step is making the FS sections as a whole only viewable by members with enough posts to be taken seriously as a participant here.

Reactions: pham

·
Administrator
8,998 Posts
There used to be an iTrader rating system with feedback recorded, but that was all nuked as part of one of the many software updates that led us to this rather unlikable current state of Supraforums.

Personally I believe all the FS sections should be invisible unless you're logged in and have at least 10 or 20 posts. 10 or 20 posts is enough for the forum staff to sniff out a scammer or other sorts of shitbirds.

I also agree that other changes to FS section requirements are overdue as well, as times they are a'changin'.
But the big first step is making the FS sections as a whole only viewable by members with enough posts to be taken seriously as a participant here.
Jeff the data is still intact. But nukes from this version of the site. I've been speaking to jeff on the beta site and they are looking to add it back in in some version.

·
Moved to the dark side
990 Posts
I didnt know this forum still was here, but I got an email that you guys need me. I got quarter glass.

·
Administrator
8,998 Posts
The forum never left, you did.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts