Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well....when i came back from CES i was hootin and hollerin about the new alpine decks.....and i guess i must have been a little too hung over at the show to pay close attention to the new radios. The 06 stuff is still 10x better than the 05 glide touch bullsh*t, but the display on the CDA9857 was extremely disapointing. The biolite on the CDA9835 and 9855 was absolutley amazing IMO, but not so much this year. I can live without having a motorized face, but it is a selling point at times. Anywayz...just wondering what the rest of your guys' 1st thoughts are on this bad boy.

PS - IVADw200 is in, goin up this on display this week.
 

·
I'm in the Death Business
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
grrrrrrrrr we still haven't gotten our IVADw200's...but I'm still not a fan of them ;)


Yeah I too was very disappointed with the way the CDA9857 looked when I put it on the board. It resembled an old school ghetto computer with the display. They went like hotcakes though :dunno: Too bad the CDA9856's are on back order, those go freakin fast as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
From what I've seen I really like the iva-w200's ebay is starting to get a few now too so I might check into that... I have an 06' 9856 and I really like it, compared to 7998, 9853 and others I've had in the past.
 

·
I'm in the Death Business
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
the iva-w200 isn't a "bad" unit...it's just not what i expected from alpine's debut double din unit.
 

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
88supramkiii said:
the iva-w200 isn't a "bad" unit...it's just not what i expected from alpine's debut double din unit.

Ditto - i put it up last night...for $1000 though...it isnt bad i guess
 

·
Let's go Phils
Joined
·
624 Posts
It's good to see other ar stereo shop guys on here. I just got my pdx amps last thursday, I must say they are impressive. However, I too am dissapointed with the looks/non motorization of te head units. But hell I've gone through around 200 9856's so far this year., we just got anoter 90 on moday, 20 gone already....Did any of you guys go to the "advanced fabricaton" training by steve brown a couple of weeks ago? I sent my lead installer he said it was great.
 

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
97gt2835 said:
It's good to see other ar stereo shop guys on here. I just got my pdx amps last thursday, I must say they are impressive. However, I too am dissapointed with the looks/non motorization of te head units. But hell I've gone through around 200 9856's so far this year., we just got anoter 90 on moday, 20 gone already....Did any of you guys go to the "advanced fabricaton" training by steve brown a couple of weeks ago? I sent my lead installer he said it was great.
I'm on the west coast so that would be a no :) But i agree - I knew as soon as i saw those PDX amps at CES that they were gonna be the f*ckin sh*t! We got our in last week, and i'll be setting up a customer with the 4ch, 2ch, and mono for his wakeboarding boat something in the next 2 weeks, i'll take some pics when the install is all done :bigthumb:
 

·
I'm in the Death Business
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
those pdx amps look pretty damn sweet. :bigthumb:
 

·
Let's go Phils
Joined
·
624 Posts
The training was in los angeles, I wish I had install talent eanough to go. The life of the salesman for me. :rolleyes:
 

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
97gt2835 said:
The training was in los angeles, I wish I had install talent eanough to go. The life of the salesman for me. :rolleyes:
Ditto
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top