Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv installed a Alpine IVA-D901. I would like my passengers to be able to watch DVD's with the car out of park. I know people sell the vidieo bypass boxes for this but i would like to wire it up myself. I tryed to replicated the 12v signals from the ignition wire with the Foot brake wire and Park Position Lamp wire but i still couldnt get it to work, It tells me the Video is off for my Safety... what a PITA Help audio Gods!! :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I have the IVA-D900 and it works the same way. I called Anderson Audio and Performance in Atlanta and they sold me the box that I needed. It's about the size of a pack of gum and it gives the wiring instructions for it to work. Took about 20 min of wiring and I can watch a movie anytime I want.

You can also go on Ebay and search Alpine DVD bypass or something like that and they will have it too. I bought mine from AAP because I know the guys and they support the Supra group.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Peripheral also makes the PTR-7 similar to the pac piece - about $25

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured out a way to bypass it . Hooked up the brake wire to the brake , and wired the other wire to a plain switch and wired the other side of the switch to ground. All i need to do now is hold my foot brake down flip the switch 3 times (with it ending up on the ground side) and let go of the foot brake. BAM i can watch my DVD !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah there are numerous ways to do this... depending on how tricky you want it to be or how easy... You can buy the pac tr-7 box on ebay and have it shipped to your door for around $20 total and install it yourself in about 15-20 mins. Or like Phatssupra said you can use switches to pulse the proper ground or 12 volt signals to these wires and do it that way. I have done both and the tr-7 piece is much better overall for me. It automatically bypasses the sequence for you every time you turn on your radio. The switch or switches have to be mounted somewhere and then wired up and wire have to be run to the proper places but that way will cost you probably half as much ($10). Or you can have a local audio shop mount your switches where you tell them to if appropriate and have them run the wires if you don't feel comfortable. They probably will not hook them up for liability reasons and you will probably get charged $40 or so... These are some options for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts