Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got the Alpine CDA-9813 installed in my car, and I was wondering if anyone has the settings for the speaker time correction thing? thanks,

-Brett

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Time correction simply accounts for the distance between your ears and the speakers. If you're trying to get good staging then you can set these to adjust the distance (I forget if alpine is ms or distance) If it's distance just put in the number of feet between your ears and the speakers...if it's time take the speed of sound (300m/s or so) and use this to adjust the deck. If you dont care, then just leave it off or set it to a minimal setting.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hi Brett,

I have the CDA-9813 as well......great head unit.... the only thing that peeves me about it is that it sticks out so far from the dash...I guess I'm just not used to it yet...

Anyway, I believe that there is a page in the manual that tells you what timing correction to set based on distances from the speakers to your ears.....It has formulas and everything.

I never did it yet, but I will soon as soon as I get my subs in and my stereo is complete....

BTW, I am seriously considering flush-mounting my head unit...or at least trying to.

Asheesh

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea asheesh i was looking to see if anyone did the time correction for our car yet as in me being too lazy/dumb to do it. thanks.

-Brett

·
Registered
722 Posts
Oh OK, thats cool...

When i do it (after I finish all my other sound stuff) I will let you know what good settings are.

BTW, is the fact that the head unit sticks out so far bugging the crap out of you? Cause it is pissing me off.....I think Im gonna flush mount it or something....

Asheesh

·
Registered
55 Posts
http://www.alpine-usa.com/html/D2_n_1_n_n.html

There you will find some selections in the center of the page to the left under "Alpine Support." Click "i-Personalize" and sign up. Everything after that is easy to follow with adjusting the settings on your Alpine HU's with the "i-Personalize" features such as time correction. I have done it with my 7998 and it made a noticable difference.

I hope this helps.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Asheesh, i dont care about it so far, but ive only driven my car one day with the head unit, im back in college now, no supra here!

andrew, im going to check that out now, thanks

-Brett

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone measure this yet? my car is back in NJ and I can't! blah! heh anyone want to help me and asheesh out?

-Brett

1 - 8 of 8 Posts