Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally came in and I put one in a friend of mines Supra, just thought that I would share some pics with you guys.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
That screen is just so damn sexy! What did you think of the new pulse touch? I only ask cuz it kinda wierded me out. Also...have you tried to modify the iso-bracket so it sits a little more flush? I'm wondering if dropped back that small amount would interfere with the motorized screen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
minguezCD said:
That screen is just so damn sexy! What did you think of the new pulse touch? I only ask cuz it kinda wierded me out. Also...have you tried to modify the iso-bracket so it sits a little more flush? I'm wondering if dropped back that small amount would interfere with the motorized screen.
I like the new pulse touch a lot better than my 310. I did move the radio back into the dash some, the OEM iso mounts leave it out way to far. The worst part is the bluetooth adapter is still on back order, I am really interested in how well it will work.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Bro that looks AWESOME!!!! You are da man!!!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
78mphgpr said:
Wheres your money? You need to spend money on fuel anyway!

Porter is using race gas w/out leaving a deposit??? Sounds just like him..

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
DaTruth said:
Porter is using race gas w/out leaving a deposit??? Sounds just like him..
I paid him for all the fuel I used from my "local c16 station" also known as his house

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
hows the overall feel of the new double din alpine? i had a friend go to SEMA and he said it didnt feel as good as some other ones out there right now. he loves alpine and he said it felt kinda cheap overall. so give your 2 cents on it, i need to get a new system sometime this year and i always loved alpines headunits.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
hows the overall feel of the new double din alpine? i had a friend go to SEMA and he said it didnt feel as good as some other ones out there right now. he loves alpine and he said it felt kinda cheap overall. so give your 2 cents on it, i need to get a new system sometime this year and i always loved alpines headunits.
For $1000 - it is definately a VERY cool piece. I didnt think it felt as cheap as the AVICD1 or D2

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
I just got a hold of the IVA-W200 but Im not going to install it. Im going to try to get a double din Eclipse deck instead cuz. Objectively, Alpine are great units. I would rather have an Eclipse one because its a has better integrated navigation. An interesting observation is that this new W200 unit is made in China unlike my IVA-D900, which is made in Japan. For the price, its priced just right compared to others

·
Registered
855 Posts
xknowonex said:
I just got a hold of the IVA-W200 but Im not going to install it. Im going to try to get a double din Eclipse deck instead cuz. Objectively, Alpine are great units. I would rather have an Eclipse one because its a has better integrated navigation. An interesting observation is that this new W200 unit is made in China unlike my IVA-D900, which is made in Japan. For the price, its priced just right compared to others
I heard that China thing too, Alpine makes a great product but sometimes too expensive compared to others. I always thought Alpine was worth the price difference but this unit had to compete with other cheaper units. Only problem is this deck does not have 4 volts preouts!

Jerry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The "made in China" means nothing to me. Made/enginered by Alpine is what I care about. I am really surprised that so many of you guys like the Eclipse line. I personally hate it, I am not a fan of the Pioneer multimedia all that much either. Eclipse is not expandable and is a nightmare if you are doing a system with more than 1 extra monitor, I hate buttons on the side of the screen, you must use thier camera, you cannot listen to one source and watch something else (besides nav), and the sub control is a joke.
The Pioneer are the worst sounding radio on the market, the motorization is very unreliable and you can hear all of the radio functions through the sysem, bypassing "in motion viewing" has become a hurdle.
I guess that I just turned this whole post into a rant, sorry about that, just my opinoins after having used, installed, and owning/owned all above mentioned pieces.
Funny thing is that not 1 radio out there pocesses everything that I want in a headunit, you just have to settle for what is most important and choose accordingly.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
78mphgpr said:
The "made in China" means nothing to me. Made/enginered by Alpine is what I care about. I am really surprised that so many of you guys like the Eclipse line. I personally hate it, I am not a fan of the Pioneer multimedia all that much either. Eclipse is not expandable and is a nightmare if you are doing a system with more than 1 extra monitor, I hate buttons on the side of the screen, you must use thier camera, you cannot listen to one source and watch something else (besides nav), and the sub control is a joke.
The Pioneer are the worst sounding radio on the market, the motorization is very unreliable and you can hear all of the radio functions through the sysem, bypassing "in motion viewing" has become a hurdle.
I guess that I just turned this whole post into a rant, sorry about that, just my opinoins after having used, installed, and owning/owned all above mentioned pieces.
Funny thing is that not 1 radio out there pocesses everything that I want in a headunit, you just have to settle for what is most important and choose accordingly.

wow...biased party of one, biased party of one your table is ready.

you have some good points in there...but the rest of them just boil down to personal preference. I personally love eclipse units because they suit my needs and I've been using them for over 7 years. I'm looking forward to the AVN6600 coming out and feel that it will have some good forward steps made by eclipse.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
78mphgpr said:
The "made in China" means nothing to me. Made/enginered by Alpine is what I care about. I am really surprised that so many of you guys like the Eclipse line. I personally hate it, I am not a fan of the Pioneer multimedia all that much either.
did you really want me to quote you? granted pretty much everyone is a little biased, we just like to be a little more objective. please expand on your experiences with eclipse in a pm i'm intgerested to hear what you have to say.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
????
Then I backed it up, not just saying I don't like it. There are things that I do not like about the Alpine as well, it is just the lesser of the evils.
My experiance with all of this units comes from working with them everyday, installing them, having to teach customers how to use them and desighning systems around them that benifit my customer so that they can use them rather than calling me every 10 seconds wanting to know how to do something that they cannot figure out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts