Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PSN iD: No_Ka_Oi_808
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am in the market for a system for my car. I wasnt planning on spending to much and since where i work i get a nice discount i was thinkin about goin with alpine Type R 12 inch sub, and i cant decide what 6x9's and 6 1/2's to go with. they have the Type S series or the Type R series. Which do you reccommend? As far as Amps go how are the new digital alpines?
Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Alpine is alright, if you have to go with them I would go with the type R series, they handle a little better than the s.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
#1SomeGuy said:
Neither...Alpine speakers suck :(
:agreed:

Alpine speakers of any type blow. I've run a type S sub (crap) and now I'm running Type X component speakers (not crap but there's much better for the price).

·
C.T.H
573 Posts
WallysWorld118 said:
Well i am in the market for a system for my car. I wasnt planning on spending to much and since where i work i get a nice discount i was thinkin about goin with alpine Type R 12 inch sub, and i cant decide what 6x9's and 6 1/2's to go with. they have the Type S series or the Type R series. Which do you reccommend? As far as Amps go how are the new digital alpines?
Thanks
you must work at best buy since the alpine are prob the best subs they carry. lol.

I think all the alpine sound bad, but if you just have to get some, stick with type R.

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
Wow another best buy employee on the forums :biggrin: Yeah our discount is nice but like everyone is saying, our shit is no where near as nice as some of the stuff out there. But if you are on a budget, definitly the way to go but you probably will be kickin yourself later because you dident do it right the first time. Personally I would just use the discount just on all the accessories like caps, wires, and dynamat. And start saving up your paychecks and go with something nice.

·
C.T.H
573 Posts
flypinoy457 said:
Wow another best buy employee on the forums :biggrin: Yeah our discount is nice but like everyone is saying, our shit is no where near as nice as some of the stuff out there. But if you are on a budget, definitly the way to go but you probably will be kickin yourself later because you dident do it right the first time. Personally I would just use the discount just on all the accessories like caps, wires, and dynamat. And start saving up your paychecks and go with something nice.

used to work at circuit city back in the "roadshop" now I work in best buy's "car-fi"

neither places really have anything I'd spend my money on to buy to put in the supra...

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Someone gives me a negative rep for giving good advice? What a tool... I still stick to my word... Alpine is only good for HUs

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
repped back guys. Thanks.

Some people just don't want to accept the truth :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have mb quart speakers, just wondering about the type x subs, anyone have some in the suup? and any reviews of em out there? just ordered a 12"type x sub w/1000w amp

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Gators#1 said:
i have mb quart speakers, just wondering about the type x subs, anyone have some in the suup? and any reviews of em out there? just ordered a 12"type x sub w/1000w amp
I've heard just that setup, 12" Type X with the MRV-1000 in an Alpine ported box in the trunk of a sedan style civic....pretty intense setup, depending on what you paid you will be pretty happy. The guy who bought the setup I heard paid through his ass and that's why it's not as cool as some of the other stuff out there. If Alpine were a lot cheaper (more for your money) I'd almost approve of it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What is the best and most reliable speaker to go with then ? I want to replace my factory speakers and get some subs. I thought alpine was the best brand. But I have no clue on audio stuff.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a type r in my car and i like it, for the price it was good and im happy. amazing to find out how many new loose bolts i have.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow, so much critism of the Alpines! They are better than my cerrent stockers! Haha! :)
Anyways, how much do you Best Buy employees get discounted?

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Alpine is some good shit. I have a Pioneer DEHP860MP deck, Z series wire to my PPI 800.5 amp, with a monster digi cap, running Zseries wire back to my Alpine Type R components 6.5" in the Front, Type R component 5.25" in the back and a 10" Type R sub. I have 100 watts going to each of my components and 400 going to the sub. My system sounds badass, It's all how you tune your shit and how you have it hooked up. I had Infinity Kappa's all the way around and my Alpine system sounds way better, tighter and cleaner. The Type X stuff sounds great, but you have to have so much power to push them!! Over rated in my book, and in a supra there's hardly enough room as it is. The Alpine Series I have is from last year the ones w/o the wave guide, they look better and sound better than the new ones. I worked at Ultimate Electronics before the shit it the fan, we sold the type X, infinity perfects, and the boston z series and I listened to all of them for months. My car guys hated me!! I like the type R's they sound great, but then my system just for cables and cap retailed for over $800. My amp was $800 by it self.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts