Supra Forums banner

Alright guys, under $15k what to get?

2K views 38 replies 30 participants last post by  chidoks 
#1 ·
We are looking to get a new daily driver type-fun car. What are my options under $15k? :)

#6 ·
Or you could get a honda civic with money left over for

-WING
-STICKERS
-NEON LIGHTS THAT BLINK WITH MUSIC
-SHAVED DOOR HANDLES
-PADDED SEATBELT COVERS
-JAPANESE WRITING ON YOUR BACK WINDOW
-ADD ANOTHER WING
-GROUND EFFECTS KIT
-WHEELS AND TIRES
-SAVE MONEY AND CUT SPRINGS
-AIR INTAKE OF COURSE
-BIGGEST EXHAUST BIGGER THE MORE HORSEPOWER
-GTR STICKER
-AFTERMARKET SPEEDO GAUGES AND TAC
-DARKEST WINDOW TINT
-NAWS (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS NITROUS)
-BIGGEST AMP AND SUBWOOFER. LEAVE STOCK SIDE SPEAKERS ALONE. ALL YOU NEED IS BASS.

shrug choices choices

#11 ·
is it something that you wont to mod or engine swap? or just buy and drive to work?

if you don't plan on modding, definitely an LS1, I think you may be close to used honda s2k territory, but i'm not really sure about that. or you could get an mr2 turbo...that has good gas mileage, not very good space though.

#13 ·
Definatley LS1 vote here....great engine, strong, makes power, lots of parts everywhere for not a whole lot of money..great car..good on gas, torque :)

#16 ·
FM II Miata. (as usual)

G
#17 ·
my 2 cents: be money wise a daily driver....look for a car under $3,000, you can find decent year camery with decent milage around that price, which gives great gas milages and very low insurance. and take your hard earned $12,000 and put it towards your house, or whatever has real vaule. com'on times are changing, must be money wise. that's just me though.

Anil Patel.

#21 ·
What really are looking for in the car? Do you want something to mod?

I just got an 02 G20. Its a great car for putting the miles on. Its very comfortable and quiet yet its still pretty fun to drive with the 5spd and good handling. It is pretty damn slow though when you are use to the boost. Plus FWD is kind of a drag.

#22 ·
Another vote for LS1!!!! you can now get a 98-2000 T/A or Z28 for under $13,000 depending on mileage. With the money left over get some:
1. Lid
2. exhaust
3. gears
4. cam or heads and cam package
5. some juice (N2O) aka: nitrous
6. good tires
You will be hitting close to 10's in 1/4
Highway runs is a different story......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.