Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a 7mge and I had to re-route the heater hoses because on my JDM motor, it had a block off on the stock routing. I routed it different;y and i don't think that will work, but I have a different motor...

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
it doesnt matter what direction the heater core flows in. liquid will flow either way perfectly fine. ask me how i know ;)
though, i bypassed the heaver valve.

-shaeff

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you bypassed it completely (removed it), or did you hook the vac line up so that it is in full flow all the time?

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
The proposed routing will funtion properly. Also, FYI, your proposed idea isn't novel, this is how the heater hose is routed on the earlier 7M's with RHD setup.

HTH.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
di_rosa said:
you bypassed it completely (removed it), or did you hook the vac line up so that it is in full flow all the time?
yes, i completely removed it. its no longer in the car. perhaps one day when i find parts to rebuild it i'll put it back, but for now its gone. i used 5/8 inch heater hose to reroute mine. my motor is JDM, so my hardlines around the block are different. basically, what i did was make the hose from the bajno bolt on the back of the head go in the drivers side of the heater core, and the hardline outlet below/near the turbo loop up around to the passenger side of the heater core. it works perfectly fine.

-shaeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts