Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my parts to RB Chroming (first mistake) upon getting my parts back my alternator no longer fits. I am so confused. They swear they sent me the same alternator back that i sent them but it clearly doesn't fit. I can get the alternator to line up with the top bolt hole if i slide the alt forward but then the bottom is away from the bracket and the pulley doesn't line up. If i slide the alt back it looks like it lines up with the other pulley's but hits the bracket when you go to flip it up to bolt the top bolt in. Am i missing something? Here are a few pics to help.

· HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,416 Posts
Did you ever remove your water pump?

I had this issue once and it had something to do with the way I put the water pump back on.

· Registered
14,778 Posts
check and make sure the pulley is on it correctly... it looks like it is though.... the only thing that could make your alternator not fit, is that the extra chrome on it is making it sit farther forward, but that looks like an awful lot that its moved..

and the 2 cases on those alternators are different.... make sure they didnt just send you an alternator from a jdm spec/VVTI from an aristo... not sure how much different they are, but i know that the water pump is different, so the mounting is probably different also.

edit: heres some reference pics of other alternators. looks like the wrong case on yours.

· Registered
444 Posts
If RB claimed that it was not an exchange program and a turn around service, and you got back a different alternator that they claim is yours, either they gave you back a cheaper one like you think, or yours simply got mixed up with another customers. Ask them if another customer has contacted them with the same issue..they probably have yours...if no one ever comes forward RB probably just sent you a pre-chromed one they thought would fit, def. post the outcome of this problem.

· Registered
559 Posts
check and make sure the housing sn't assembled wrong. Can the housing be turned 90deg. or 180 deg so the mounts would ne in a different location. maybe it was re-assembled wrong

· Registered
616 Posts
besides fitment it also looks like if you mount the drive belt almost a quarter of the belt will get torn out as soon as it starts runing
also you can go to a local parts department , just to match it also I just got some part numbers , 27604620084 for manual trans, and 27604612084 for auto thats oem part numbers and aftermarket has way to many part numbers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.