Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I’m trying to upgrade my alternator main power wire and follow these instructions posted in this link:(MKIV 4).

I’ve managed to follow the steps but I’m confused in the step where it talks about the headlight wire feeds. I don’t know if it’s me or the instructions but I don’t understand what to do in this step. Do I remove the metal crimp connectors on the white T-spliced wire and attach the (2) ends to 8-10 gauge ring terminals and then attach them to the main 4G bolt? If so, then what about the end of the white wire where the metal ring is? What do I do with it?
The instructions just don’t make sense. Can someone please help? I’ve tried looking in the search button but cannot figure it out. I’m attaching a few pics of my mess. By the way, what do I do with the old connection wire that fed to the alternator? Is it basically not going to be used because of the new 4 gauge wire and should be tucked out of the away?
Sorry for the long post but I need some expert help.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ended up snipping the 2 original alternator wires that come from the alternator and I left the two wires that tap into the incoming original alternator wire. I then connected it to the main alternator bolt that attaches to the new alternator 4 gauge wire.

Oh well. Hope that works. 🙄

1 - 2 of 2 Posts