Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! I have searched, but cannot find solid answers or information.

Some background info. 89 RHD car from Japan, swapping 1jzgte vvti into car. Engine harness is from Tweak and should not affect the body harness. Running ECU Masters ECU.

So, while wiring the Ig, S, L I am having some issues. I noticed after the first test that when the car started up, I lost some gauges, including oil pressure. So, I unplugged the harness from the alternator and got everything back.

I did some testing with a meter and the sense wire was not providing any voltage when the vehicle is off. I thought this went straight to the battery and was not switched?? Then, with the other wires (not hot while off) they were all 12v~ when the ignition is on, including the sense. They should not all be hot at this point correct?

What am I missing?!?!?!

UPDATE: Plugging in the alternator kills my Tach signal to the cluster, which in turn on the digital dash kills my oil pressure. Still trying to figure the tach issue.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
What sense wire? The sensor output wire to the ECU?

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I have narrowed it down to the ign wire. When this is connected, I no longer have some gauges like the oil pressure.

I went over the diagrams again and yes they are on power on.

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Plugging in the alternator kills my Tach signal to the cluster, which in turn on the digital dash kills my oil pressure. Still trying to figure the tach issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts