Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Altezza tail lights

Ok guys, this has been pissin me off for a while now. The idea just recently popped back into my mind...........I know that 90-95% of us want Altezza style tail lights for our Supras. Problem is we all know NOBODY makes them. Ive only seen 89-92 tails all clear not Altezza style from a Do-luck bodykit. Those were probably made custom anyways.

What does everybody think about upgrading ours cars with Altezzas?! Are you for it or not?

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,259 Posts
hehe nah I'm straight with having any plastic circus lights - make some that aren't all chromed out, and maybe I'll take a look ;) Something with round red circles, and some clear iced out-ness mixed in...nothing ricey

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
like i have said so many other times....THE MK3 IS GETTING TOO CHEAP!!!! now all the ricers are pumped because they can have a supra.....skip the tails kids, get some REAL mods....afterall, this is a SUPRA you have, not a honduh.

·
Twin-Turbos 2X the Proble
806 Posts
Agreed with Drjonez, who gives a crap about altezzas? Maybe think about getting the SONIC ECU map upgrade for 550's/AFM upgrade or a cool Bomex wing. I shudder at the thought of ricers owning mk3's, but on the other hand, at least they figured out why buy a crappy civic for 10k when you can get a supra for 5k that is 10X faster.

Maybe a touch of brains.

S

·
0 Posts
I am personally not for altezza's but I dont think people should be made fun and said they are "ricey" because they want their supra to stand out from other supra's, or because they personally like the look of altezza's. Some people prefer looks over performance, so they see it fit to buy altezza's not lexus AFM and 550's. Just my opinion not trying to flame anybody.

J

·
0 Posts
Agreed, no one should sell their car for less then 10k, unless it is a hard core supra guy/girl. Rice is for civics.
drjonez said:
like i have said so many other times....THE MK3 IS GETTING TOO CHEAP!!!! now all the ricers are pumped because they can have a supra.....skip the tails kids, get some REAL mods....afterall, this is a SUPRA you have, not a honduh.

D

·
0 Posts
about the lights..

I think that it wouldnt be a bad idea but do not make tooooooo many circles ... maybe two on each side and make them close to the end.... i am glad someone brought this up because i was about to get mine completely clear and take a chance getting busted by the cops.......

i am in on the lights... by the way............

i finally got the car done and this shit looks tooo damn hot!!!!
here are the following changes:

Front blitz/Side invader pieces/Rear invader bumper/Type V roof scoop/Hood with dual inverted scoops and custom plexiglass inserts/Nsx style side vents/Flush mount headlights/Shaved door handles/COMPLETELY shaved side moldings.....

Sounds like a lot of rice crap but for those that have seen it before, know what it looks like already..... i will be posting pictures hopefully on saturday..... All i need now is my taillights done and that damn bomex wing!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please keep my updated on the clear tails at:

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you guys calling me a ricer:eek: Im going to ask you guys politley not to refer to me as a ricer that owns a Supra! I mean come on its not like im talking about a group buy on silver body stripping.

Well, thanks for the feedback. I guess i was wrong about the 90-95% of us. I love the stock tails. Im just sick of seeing all red... all the time. Oh, yeah...could you guys that dont like them explain how they are rice. Altezzas are out for ALOT of cars not just honduhhh.

F

·
0 Posts
Because Altezzas were made for Altezzas, not other cars. All the other cars with Altezzas are rice also. With the exception of the Toyota Altezza which they come with stock.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts