Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing either a CSF, Griffin or Toyo radiator. The CSF seems like a pretty good quality, beefy two row at a reasonable price, the griffin looks like an aluminum version of the stocker and from what I've read the Toyo is not a direct fit. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm kinda leaning toward the CSF...

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
The CSF is a fine unit. I helped sneakypete install his. Then you can put the money that you saved over the PWR on something more important, like polyurethane front suspension bushings.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
a local guy has the CSF, its a nice rad and apparantly cools very well.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Don't forget Fluidyne either. Very nice construction quality.

O

·
0 Posts
I have the Fluidyne, i love it, it looks great, its made very well, and it keeps the motor cool in the florida heat.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thermactor said:
The CSF is a fine unit. I helped sneakypete install his. Then you can put the money that you saved over the PWR on something more important, like polyurethane front suspension bushings.
How was the install, was it a direct fit?... how was the build quality of the rad?

I think the PWR and fluidyne are both excellent rads but I agree, I would rather bank the extra cash for another upgrade...

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Fluidyne, great quality!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
From what I was told, the CSF was not a direct fit. I had a few people call me and order the PWR or Fluidyne because the CSF required them to change a few things.

The Fluidyne and PWR are the same price from most vendors and the PWR is a much better unit. The sheer thickness and size alone are enough for anyone to choose the PWR. My car ran incredibly cool in the TX heat with the A/C on in traffic all the time. The PWR is easily worth the money and a very worth while upgrade.

Again the CSF info is just something I was told. I don't have any direct experience with it so my info may very well be wrong.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I searched this topic and found there was a couple guys complaining that the PWR core was so thick that their stock fan blade actually chewed into the rad. Is this something I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
684 Posts
PWR here. I haven't installed it yet, but it looks awesome!

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
bluepearl said:
How was the install, was it a direct fit?... how was the build quality of the rad?

I think the PWR and fluidyne are both excellent rads but I agree, I would rather bank the extra cash for another upgrade...
perfect fit. just had to drill one small hole into the fan shroud to get one of the mounting points to work out, but that was it.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
while we're on the topic of radiators, what radiator is it, or what mod is it, that puts the radiator under the part of the frame its attatched to stock?

I've seen a few people that makes it ook like the radiators' not there...

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
bluepearl said:
I searched this topic and found there was a couple guys complaining that the PWR core was so thick that their stock fan blade actually chewed into the rad. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Nope not to be worried about. The few people that have the problem, the fan chewed into the shroud, not the radiator. The only time you should have a problem with it is if your motor mounts are worn or are loose in any way. The motor will torque too much and eat up the shroud. If all else is functioning properly, you won't have a problem.

I had a PWR on the stock fan and shroud on the stock 86-88 motor mounts making over 400rwhp for 2 years and over 5000rwhp for about 6 months. Never had a problem.

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Trent said:
Nope not to be worried about. The few people that have the problem, the fan chewed into the shroud, not the radiator. The only time you should have a problem with it is if your motor mounts are worn or are loose in any way. The motor will torque too much and eat up the shroud. If all else is functioning properly, you won't have a problem.

I had a PWR on the stock fan and shroud on the stock 86-88 motor mounts making over 400rwhp for 2 years and over 5000rwhp for about 6 months. Never had a problem.
5000RWHP :eek:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts