Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been wanting to get LSD for my TT Swap. But it has dawned on me that I shouldn't be in any hurry right now. Without it I feel really safe, as far as not loosing my back end so easily. In my M3 or 300zx TT the backs ends come out very quickly and can get out from underneath you in a hurry. But I have yet to feel this nervousness in my NA rear end. Am I crazy, or are there some validity to this?

·
11,217 Posts
I thought LSD's supposed to avoid them kind of situation? My NA rear goes crazy when I'm wot-ing under high boost. I figured it was because one wheel is getting more power than the other (cause of no LSD), and that's why the rear fishtails. I figured LSD would apply power to both wheels and give better traction and acceleration.

G

·
LSD will help all of that. All I have to do to get the rearend back is let off of the gas or take it out of gear and it goes back to straight. LSD is better.

Drew - let me know...I can get a deal for ya.

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
An lsd will definitely make the ass of the car get away from you compared to an open diff. If you push too hard with an lsd, both wheels will lost traction the same, basically causing an oversteer. With an open diff you'll lose traction easier in a straight line, but it will be more controlable and will resist oversteering as one wheel will still have straight line traction against sideways movement.

Basically the only advantages of an lsd is when you're pushing (but not breaking) the limits of traction, and when trying to move away from a slippery surface... and they're much more fun :)

So yes, if you like driving hard, but are not too confident handling oversteer (drift), you probably are safer with you're normal open diff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts