Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well My supra has been leaking alot so My friend in mechanics class fixed the rad leak and flushed it out for me. But there were some other leaks, So I took it too a shop and he showed me my speedo clabel on my tranny was leaking, my rear end differental was leaking, and the rack and pinion was he was like it probaly cost u around 1,000 bucks to get fixed . so he goes and prices out everything and well it turns out to be $1,500. He said the parts arn't that much its just the labour for everything. So im kinda stuck now I guess I have to park it for most of the summer till i can come up with that cash becuases he said its probaly not a good idea to drive it becuases you will burn something out. So Im think after school I'll go to a different shop and c what they say and get them to top up the fluids in the tranny and rear end. So what do u guys think on this whole thing??? opions???

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Yea, man up fixing leaks and topping off fluids doesnt even take any expensive tools.

~scott

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
scottiedawg66 said:
Yea, man up fixing leaks and topping off fluids doesnt even take any expensive tools.

~scott
yeah I know but i don't really have acces to a lift though.....

Everything is minorly leaking just small drips but the rack and pinion is leaking out of control.

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
doom26462 said:
yeah I know but i don't really have acces to a lift though.....

Everything is minorly leaking just small drips but the rack and pinion is leaking out of control.
I'd be surprised if the rack itself was leaking. It's probably just a hose. Either way, isolate the leak, and get a replacement part.

A set of $20 jackstands is the best investment to make if you're going to do so much as change your own oil. Never get under a car unless it is properly supported. People on this board have first hand knowledge of what happens when you don't use jackstands.

With a little elbow grease you should be able to fix all those problems for under $200. Tools included!

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
hell which part is leaking on the diff? the front oil seal? or the inspection cover gasket? i just picked up the front oil seal and some limited slip gear oil from toyota, it honestly doesnt look that hard to replace any more from the pages i got photocopied from the tsrm. just need some jack stands to have enough room to work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts