Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the uk, as most of you know there quite a few little bits and bobs for our mk3's on ebay. Almost all of these are from american sellers and priced VERY reasonably compared to what they would cost (if you could even find them over here) in the uk.

So whats the problem? FRIGGIN POSTAGE!:cockblock

Two examples:

Just bought some very nice backlite gauges for $30. Postage = $30:(

I want one of those cheapy strut bars, cost = $13, postage = $88:madf:

The supra scene is virtually non existant over here, uprated parts are few and far between, the only other option is to get anally raped by postage costs AND HERES THE BEST BIT! after paying more for postage than the items worth the postman will almost definatly demand a further $40 tax before he will hand the parcel over.

Next time your wife or even you nag's about how much money you pour into your supe, make your self feel better by thinking of me having to pay double to get the same result.

grr

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so move over here... another supra owner is welcome in our country...:hug:

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
You think we are lucky? Japan gets everything Supra!

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Don't you guys have "Max Power" magazines? I got a couple issues of that, so yeah, I feel sorry for yaw.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CSR Ma71 said:
Don't you guys have "Max Power" magazines? I got a couple issues of that, so yeah, I feel sorry for yaw.
This man is spot on.

You should batch-up some items with other Euro guys and spread the postage cost
To be honest I've only seen like 3 people in passing (on these forums) with UK in their location. Im sure theres a couple more but the chances of us all wanting the same thing at the same time are pretty slim. Defently something to consider though:)

so move over here...
Funny you should say that:D Its being looked into.

lamer5 thanks for the link bud.

·
Registered
762 Posts
UK Mk3 owners group:

www.mkiiisupra.net/bbs

Also check out the links from there to the Smartgroups mail list which has a lot of Mk3 owners on it.

I buy most of my parts from the US though :D

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
forget that... UK is closer to jap and can get the 2.5 twin's with ease over there... I wish we could get dibs on that stuff.. BTW I'm canadian so I get anally raped for postage and duty taxes as well...

15% taxes
Duty tax
and brokrage fees

My rps clutch cost me 300+$ in taxes brokerage fees and all that garbage

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Why dont Canadians get a PO box or something in america and just come down and pick up all your stuff that way, or if you cant get one have an american friend/contact get one for you....just a sugestion

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
cassio said:
Why dont Canadians get a PO box or something in america and just come down and pick up all your stuff that way, or if you cant get one have an american friend/contact get one for you....just a sugestion
and for me to do a like 14 hours drive to get to the states...I don't think so! :lol Good suggestion for others closer though.
I will just continue to get raped with the taxes, dutys, brokerage fees like ZaZZn said! But they're always ways to get less raped.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts