Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a few questions. how much boost can i run on a supra with these mods:
turbo rebuilt and upgraded 60:1 compressor wheel
5mm hks head gasket
act 4-puck clutch
n/a cams and pulleys
3"exhaust
other than these mods i got stock internals
i just want to know a wise amount of max boost i could push.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Biggest they make for the MK3 is a 3mm and that's special order only.

You have no fuel mods listed, so you can only run what the stock AFM will allow which is probably 10-12 on the upgraded turbo.

You are also going to learn to hate the ACT 4 puck if you drive it very much.

Get fuel, decent clutch, IC, pipes, and a fuel controller and you can do 18 no problem.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like the act 4 puck actually. and they do make a 5mm look it up

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
1987supraturbo said:
i like the act 4 puck actually. and they do make a 5mm look it up
I've got a master distributor catalog here in front of me and I went to their website and it didn't show a 5mm application. I've sold parts for these cars for nearly 5 years. I'm pretty sure I know if they make one.

And let's just say for shits and giggles that they do make one or you manage to get your hands on a discontinued item, what the hell would you want that for? Why would you want to lower your compression that much? Talk about not spooling a turbo!

Oh and I just called my old rep at HKS from when I worked at MVP and he said they don't sell a 5mm for the 7m. He said he's only been there 3 years, but they never sold one in that time. Maybe it's a really old part, but straight from the manufacturers mouth, they don't have it.

Oh and the 4 puck isn't that terrible of a clutch to drive, but it will eat your tranny for lunch.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not 5mm its 4 forry. i just went and looked at the receipt. also how will the 4 puck "eat my tranny"?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
1987supraturbo said:
its not 5mm its 4 forry. i just went and looked at the receipt. also how will the 4 puck "eat my tranny"?
Ok yeah I have heard of a few old 4mm floating around, but again I have to ask man...why such a thick head gasket? Did you want something that thick to lower your compression that much?

ACT 4 pucks are unsprung clutches, therefore are a lot more harsh on the tranny. There are no springs for dampening of the force that the clutch puts on. If you search around a bit you will see that quite a few people have fried their transmissions fairly quickly with the ACT 4 puck and have since gone to better (i.e. Spec or RPS) Sprung hub clutches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts