Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys...

im doin a custom install and i'm just about done, I'll get pics up, but I wanna know what kind of amp I need for 2 10" JL W3 version 1 subs..

i think a mono amp would work best, but I'm not very good with audio stuff. Can someone give me an exact model and name of a really good amp for these 2 subs? Thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
Also, can you tell us if your subs are DVC 2, DVC 4, or DVC 6. That's also an important bit of information before we slap an amp to power it. We need to know how many watts you want to run and how much you're allowed to run as well.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sorry...DVC 6

i looked at the kenwood mono amp...

and the rockford fosgate 501s....

still unsure what to get..also can u name an amp that is cheap, and one expensive, and one in the middle? I don't want to kill too much money on audio stuff.

Thanks

whoops forgot the last part of the question:

i would like to run 250 to each of the JL W3's

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres a look at what my trunk currently looks like. Amp will most likely go under drivers seat, depending on if i can get the stock amp out. They said it's bypassed, and I currently have the alpine V12 amp in there, so why is there still wires connected to the stock amp?

I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. I just know how to make installs.

Thanks again in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
703 Posts
You're going to have to run those subs in parallel and get a 1.5ohm load.

In series, those subs will create a 6ohm load and you're not going to be able to find any amp to give at least 500 watts at that load.

The best thing I can recommend that will do the job but that's pretty pricy is a JL 500/1. It'll put out 250 watts to each sub, which is what you want at 1.5ohms without a problem. It's going to be at least 400ish dollars.

However, sounddomain is having a blowout sale on their amps. They do have a 600x1 1ohm stable amp for sale at 209dollars and change. That's a damn good deal and it'll be a great amp. Thats a good money saver right there.
Here's the link: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/DEI46014

That's all i can think of currently. Not many cheap 1ohm stable amps. I think you should just get the DEI 600.1 since its a damn good deal and will fit your application pretty well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts