Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully at St. louis they can break their ET and MPH record to back up the new HP record.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
The horsepower is great, but when the F*** are they going to take this thing to the track and run it? I haven't heard of them running the car recently!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Boostrush said:
The horsepower is great, but when the F*** are they going to take this thing to the track and run it? I haven't heard of them running the car recently!!!
They just got finished with the setup..they are taking it to the track this weekend. Kind of hard to take a car to the track when it isn't running. :)

·
out to lunch
2,602 Posts
URNDWAY said:
These guys are sick!!! They just keep raising the bar.
+1 to that, here are some pics of the setup and if they got the right tune on it for the strip in INDY at NOPI this weekend, the record should fall.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
1000 awhp is damn impressive and dont get me wrong its a well built car, but why is the torque so low compared to the horsepower? I felt let down when I saw the 600 :(

·
Building Kick
515 Posts
Forcednduckshn said:
Is there any advantage/reason for mounting the blow-off valve on the inlet endtank of the IC? Or is it just out of convenience in its close proximity to the turbo outlet to minimize vacuum line length?
From what I understand, when running that high of boost, having your BOV mounted closer to the turbo is safer for releasing the pressure in the piping, and the Intercooler.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There are 2 of them. And it just show happens its there, that is what they said, Nothing really with performance, that is just were they put one.

G

·
AGlobalThreat said:
1000 awhp is damn impressive and dont get me wrong its a well built car, but why is the torque so low compared to the horsepower? I felt let down when I saw the 600 :(
635awtq (using a 25% loss for AWD) is around 850lbft at flywheel. Not sure if they're using a 2.0 or 2.2 or 2.3 but either way it's around 400lbft/L. Show me another car running on gasoline putting out 400lbft/L.

·
The Hustler
1,288 Posts
Thats NUTZ! Those AMS guys are amazing.

I would love to ride in one of those things. Its gotta feel crazy having ALL four tires spin on the street at 60mph!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts