1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Banned
5,064 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
vntperformance said:
Isn't that considered a Street Car (EVO) vs a Track Only Car (Camaro) forgive my ignorance.

vnt :dunno:
You must be ignorant if you cannot see that he acknowledged that in his post.

Something about a trailer and a crew??

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Danner said:
You must be ignorant if you cannot see that he acknowledged that in his post.

Something about a trailer and a crew??

My mistake...I didnt even see that. You people are too harsh!

vnt :dunno:

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
My friend's R1 took it out pretty good too a few weeks ago; and he didnt run his nitrous either :) (and neither did the EVO)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bean said:
My friend's R1 took it out pretty good too a few weeks ago; and he didnt run his nitrous either :) (and neither did the EVO)
uhhh the R1 guy even told us he sprayed that night, and he even has more stuff done to that bike then what he fessed up to(someone found his posts on the R1 forums). Buttt thats not worth arguing over.

It's funny when the domestic guys get ahold of this video though...most are like "WE finally took him out!" or something of that effect, like it's a team effort or something haha

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
Looks to me like if there was more room the evo would have shortened the gap. Either way, pretty pathetic to claim a good kill when you have a trailor a car to beat a street car.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Garage112 said:
Looks to me like if there was more room the evo would have shortened the gap. Either way, pretty pathetic to claim a good kill when you have a trailor a car to beat a street car.
Im just amazed that you got an "old school" domestic like that to run from a roll. The bubbas around here usually wont even consider that. Props to them for playing along at least.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That evo is sick. It looked like the evo backed off the throttle in the last race.

·
Registered
342 Posts
PSR said:
It's funny when the domestic guys get ahold of this video though...most are like "WE finally took him out!" or something of that effect, like it's a team effort or something haha

its all good! i am sure that before long there will be a vid on here of a crazy single turbo Supra dismantling that Camaro from a roll .... What is it that they say about revenge? A dish best served with a big ass turbo on the side....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is amazing to me how an evo could pull so hard on a 700hp cobra, yet get walked that hard by an old sleeper. That camaro must have been making some serious power.

I am surprised that Evo never races from a dig on the street...I think that camaro would go down in a 1/4 mile situation. Nevertheless a sick race...

And did anyone else notice that the camaro had his lights off???

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
that camaro didn't even have functing drivers lights hahah at the drag tracks that i go to they require you to have alteast one light in the rear that works :dunno:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Forcednduckshn said:
It is amazing to me how an evo could pull so hard on a 700hp cobra, yet get walked that hard by an old sleeper. That camaro must have been making some serious power.
I am surprised that Evo never races from a dig on the street...I think that camaro would go down in a 1/4 mile situation. Nevertheless a sick race...
And did anyone else notice that the camaro had his lights off???
It may have been the "old school" trick of pulling the alternator belt off before a race to reduce the drag on the engine during the race. Ive personally seen some hill-people do that. Since its more likely carburated, the battery only needs to run the ignition (and the nitrous solenoid LOL.)
Also, I imagine the EVO doesnt like racing from a dig because he doesnt want his drivetrain to explode. Ive seen several videos of EVO's blowing diffs at the track, even EVOs that arent that built. I drove one that had 340 awhp supposedly, and the front diff was already about to explode.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Garage112 said:
i have to agree with you on that.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts