Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
It's still a mitsubishi. :sadance:

LOL JK JK JK, I saw the anger in your eyes you two....

988 HP is cool, 633 torque? I like the deletion of the rear wing, if only that car was actually something worth looking at...it'd be complete!

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
Its all good, you guys can hate mitsu all you want, I'll still sackride them til the day I die. :D
How do these EVO trannies respond to mods? AWD is so hard on a transmission I'd imagine, especially as you double/triple the factory power output. What about the clutch too...? :sadance:

Is this 988rwhp going to last more than a thousand miles? :ugh2:

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
How do these EVO trannies respond to mods? AWD is so hard on a transmission I'd imagine, especially as you double/triple the factory power output. What about the clutch too...? :sadance:

Is this 988rwhp going to last more than a thousand miles? :ugh2:
I imagine that the tranny they are using is far from stock, but I think its still a mitsu unit. I do not know.

I think the problem lies in the driver and his/her lack of skills. Lets see a raise of hands of how many people blip the throttle when downshifting to save syncros and clutch.

Or a show of hands to see how many young evo drivers are dumping the clutch out of the hole instead of easing it out.

As far as how long a mitsu awd tranny will last with 1000 hp going through it. Not sure, never done it myself. Call AMS, Buschur or John Shepherd and ask them how long their transmissions last for in a 900 hp car during a season of racing.

·
Vanilla
1,458 Posts
If you've owned an AWD DSM before...chances are your tranny has held up fine, unless you're constantly dragging at 500+whp.

I used to go through a tranny every 8-10 months in my old GVR4, I now beat the piss out of the Evo and it's never skipped a beat.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
PhoeniXDownVII said:
LOL JK JK JK, I saw the anger in your eyes you two....
Nah, no problem. I expect nothing less. I'll still rep the three diamonds no matter what.

988 HP is cool, 633 torque?
It is a 2.X 4cyl after all...

if only that car was actually something worth looking at...it'd be complete!
I'm not crazy about the fighter bomber look, but most purpose built drag cars aren't very pretty to look at.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Which are the runners so long, was this done for turbo fitment purposes? That sucker probably wouldnt have fit inside the bumper

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
paymon said:
Which are the runners so long, was this done for turbo fitment purposes?
It certainly looks that way to me.

That sucker probably wouldnt have fit inside the bumper
Or you mean between the engine and radiator and still get optimum fresh air.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Last I checked its a Shepard trans.

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
D.A.M.N.

i remember that other video of the evo jumping off the dyno. i wonder what it would look like when a 988 evo jumps off lol. i always wanted an evo. i want one more and more every time i see one. i would have to say it's the most impressive car i have seen. in a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time. it's capabilities are almost endless.

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
Its also easier IMO to support/brace the turbo (or manifold) at that position. Less TQ, the better it is for the drivetrain.

Impressive work as always from AMS..

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
awesome work, should be in the 4digits soon :)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Damn, you can see how much air that IC mounted BOV is letting out when he lays off the throttle.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
1000 is so close. It will be a memorable day for Evos everywhere :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.