Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got this camera before Christmas and am getting better at the whole host and post crap thought I'd pass this along......

I was tired of always fighting the blasted power steering pump reservior so, a few hoses, modded the bracket and waah-la

please excuse the dirty engine compartment

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
No kidding that amazingly clean compared to my car :), but indeed man thats awesome nice job.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
You did a good job, looks like it was mean to go there. They're right, I wish my engine was that clean right now, haha.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
did you make a bracket for the other side? or just hold it on with one bolt? I did something like that for a while.... but it rattled and I eventualy just took the power steering out. .... overall that engine bay looks pretty good.... and that resiviour mod is not nearly as ghetto as the PVC pipe mod :p

looks good :bigthumb:

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sammydafish said:
did you make a bracket for the other side? or just hold it on with one bolt? I did something like that for a while.... but it rattled and I eventualy just took the power steering out. .... overall that engine bay looks pretty good.... and that resiviour mod is not nearly as ghetto as the PVC pipe mod :p

looks good :bigthumb:
I don't remember whether it was one or two bolt but I haven't had any trouble with it loosening up. I remember I fabbed a rubber bush type thing on one side.
I love the pvc ic ghetto mod (although I did do ss on the lower pie, I didn't feel comfortable with all that heat), I have had zero problems out of it and can't justify $200+ for ss right now, too many other things I want to spend that money on.

B

·
0 Posts
oh man, thats GHETTO!

its so embarassing knowing theres mkIIIs around with relocated PS resoviours... you bring shame!

;)

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
LuvMySilverSupra said:
thats not ghetto, thats tight

and u call that dirty? blah

Pffff.... You actualy made a brakcet... that means you put some effort into it. If it were me, I woulda just left it hanging there or something... You call youself a ghetto rigger.. :p. Just kidding dude, looks factory :bigthumb:.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Damn, I would have just used two zip ties and tied it to my ic pipe.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I was inspired... thanks mdr40z. It'll also help to reduse the clutter in that area.

I ended up just hacking the OEM bracket:

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah, now chrome it for that special touch, that's what I plan to do :}

oh, and iirc I cut off that nipple on the right to the second ridge, made it easier on the hose

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I think I am going to do this soon, what size hoses did you guys use? aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
mdr40z said:
oh, and iirc I cut off that nipple on the right to the second ridge, made it easier on the hose
Thanks for the info. I plan on using Purisol hose... just like for my catchcan setup. Their pretty bendable. I'm sure you could fit the system with Earl's and SS lines too... might take a little work.

Also, since I'm sticking with the Auto radiator even after the 5spd. conversion... I've removed the OEM coolent line for the PS system - the hard line that ran through behind the upper grill area. The Auto rad. has a seperate tranny cooler built in... since the PS system also uses ATF - it'll never know the difference. :)

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Nice mod.
I was thinking of putting a remote oil filter there, but I like this better with the remote oil filters located over on the drivers side behind the fog lamps. (Dual filters, and they will also be just prior to the larger A/M oil cooler/thermostat and then back into the motor again.)
Too bad the washer bottle is on the wrong side of the car. It's in the perfect location for remote filters.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
adjuster said:
Too bad the washer bottle is on the wrong side of the car. It's in the perfect location for remote filters.
There's always the wall in front of the snorkle opening... that's where my remote oil thingy is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts