Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got this camera before Christmas and am getting better at the whole host and post crap thought I'd pass this along......

I was tired of always fighting the blasted power steering pump reservior so, a few hoses, modded the bracket and waah-la

please excuse the dirty engine compartment

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
did you make a bracket for the other side? or just hold it on with one bolt? I did something like that for a while.... but it rattled and I eventualy just took the power steering out. .... overall that engine bay looks pretty good.... and that resiviour mod is not nearly as ghetto as the PVC pipe mod :p

looks good :bigthumb:

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sammydafish said:
did you make a bracket for the other side? or just hold it on with one bolt? I did something like that for a while.... but it rattled and I eventualy just took the power steering out. .... overall that engine bay looks pretty good.... and that resiviour mod is not nearly as ghetto as the PVC pipe mod :p

looks good :bigthumb:
I don't remember whether it was one or two bolt but I haven't had any trouble with it loosening up. I remember I fabbed a rubber bush type thing on one side.
I love the pvc ic ghetto mod (although I did do ss on the lower pie, I didn't feel comfortable with all that heat), I have had zero problems out of it and can't justify $200+ for ss right now, too many other things I want to spend that money on.

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
LuvMySilverSupra said:
thats not ghetto, thats tight

and u call that dirty? blah

Pffff.... You actualy made a brakcet... that means you put some effort into it. If it were me, I woulda just left it hanging there or something... You call youself a ghetto rigger.. :p. Just kidding dude, looks factory :bigthumb:.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I think I am going to do this soon, what size hoses did you guys use? aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
mdr40z said:
oh, and iirc I cut off that nipple on the right to the second ridge, made it easier on the hose
Thanks for the info. I plan on using Purisol hose... just like for my catchcan setup. Their pretty bendable. I'm sure you could fit the system with Earl's and SS lines too... might take a little work.

Also, since I'm sticking with the Auto radiator even after the 5spd. conversion... I've removed the OEM coolent line for the PS system - the hard line that ran through behind the upper grill area. The Auto rad. has a seperate tranny cooler built in... since the PS system also uses ATF - it'll never know the difference. :)

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Nice mod.
I was thinking of putting a remote oil filter there, but I like this better with the remote oil filters located over on the drivers side behind the fog lamps. (Dual filters, and they will also be just prior to the larger A/M oil cooler/thermostat and then back into the motor again.)
Too bad the washer bottle is on the wrong side of the car. It's in the perfect location for remote filters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.