Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is my first post, the RX7 forum has been kinda slow today, I beat this altima that had one of those Gtech meters that measure your quarter mile, I talked to the guy and he runs a 15.5 @95mph

We raced from a stop and I pulled about 4.5 cars on him at 100mph, so what is a guestimate of my 1/4

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cranked out some math, and going by the other guy's g-tech, and assuming you were 4.5 car lengths ahead in the quarter, that should put you right about 15-15.1

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I finally got some responses on the rx7 forum. They were were wondering about his speed, 15.5 @ 95mph, they were mentioning something about wheel spin. If there was a 'perfect' launch what would the approximate speed be @15.5.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really wouldn't put much stock in that number. There is really only one way to get a 1/4 E.T.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Gtechs are quite accurate ET wise as long as you are on a level surface and have it mounted to the windshield properly. The mph though is consistently 3-5 mph faster than what you will see at the dragstrip. So the mph at 15.5 would have been closer to 91 mph at the strip. You would probably be around 15.0-15.1 just like mkivsupra said at about 96 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts