Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a completely trashed turbo that has been getting plenty of oil, running a maximum of 9 psi (usually 6 or 7) and has lasted me an amazing 2.5k miles. I think that the guy I bought it from is going to try weaseling out of the warranty and I want to know what a stock ct26 could handle, and how it would fail.

·
Registered
520 Posts
CornerDoctor said:
I have a completely trashed turbo that has been getting plenty of oil, running a maximum of 9 psi (usually 6 or 7) and has lasted me an amazing 2.5k miles. I think that the guy I bought it from is going to try weaseling out of the warranty and I want to know what a stock ct26 could handle, and how it would fail.
way more than 9 psi. usually when they fail it has something to do with an oiling problem i believe or a bunch of miles, but not 2.5K. defineatly should get your money back, assuming it was a fresh rebuilt unit or something like that, or the guy said he would guarntee it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I thought so too. This was a fresh rebuild and it failed catastrophically, like when I got it home I could move the shaft up and down about an inch.

·
Registered
408 Posts
snaped the shaft. either you didnt get enough oil or he made the mistake of using the old shaft. i whent through this twice with upgraded ct's. they just arent reliable. youd be wise to invest in an sp turbo or one from turbonetics, they wont screw you around!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
sounds like an oiling problem. Turbo builders dont honor warranties in most cases because there can be too many types of user errors. Good luck and push hard for a replacement.

Ang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock rebuild, I got it through my mechanic. The guys a JDM importer/rebuilder I forgot the name of his company. Anyway, I've never had an oil pressure problem, the motor is a fresh JDM that went in at the same time and they replaced my oil lines.

I should probably get ready to give my attorney friend a call huh?

·
Registered
408 Posts
did you prime the oil system first? you have to pull the efi fuse and crank the motor over for like 3 minutes or untill the oil pressure goes all the way up, then you can start the motor. the ct26 is very sensitive to oil pressure and break-in time. Anyhow, you will have a hell of a time getting your money back, i whent through the same thing twice and never got a dime. i wish you best of luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts