Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Widebody portion of this project has been abandoned, details on last page. Kit will be for sale soon. pm me if interested
http://snowfox.biz/supra/abflug.htm if anyone wants to shoot me an offer go ahead
-
UPDATED PICTURES ON PAGE 5 AND 6!!
-
Well, its about time it begins again. With it being about a year since the supra I put so much time and money into was totaled, I guess its ironic that the new one finally gave out. I’ll add more pictures and things to this thread as there’s more progress.

Anyways, the background of this car is simply this: I was ripped off, car was a pile of shit, one of the worst conditioned supras ive come by, I am convinced that the previous owner (brenden archer aka l3cliclcly on the forums) was a complete dumb ass, and a ricer. Lesson to be learned here is never buy supras for 16 year old kids with southern accents who guy by “b diddy” yeah.. im guessing that’s what his name deciphered means.

Well onto the car, when it arrived on the tow truck I could tell right away it wasn’t in the condition claimed. The description of the car said it was in perfect mint condition with a show car quality paint job and not a single flaw anywhere. Hah.. right….. I got the car off the row truck first thing I see when I open the door – RUST all along the sideskirt and that its cracking off. I look up a little further and I see that the seats are cracked, worn, and torn to shit. At this point im a little pissed off, I sit in the car and see that the ashtray is broken… I go to open the center console box and the lid falls right off. Then I look at the dash, looks like someone took a pocket knife to it and scratched the hell out of it, also the center shifter piece had a nice fat crack in it. So then the tow truck driver comes back and says “that’ll be $850.00” at that very second I knew I was SCREWED. I argued with the tow truck driver saying it should have been paid for by the seller, which it was not. I finally got the tow truck driver to leave without paying. So I went to start the car, it wouldn’t even start… I look at the gas gauge…. EMPTY, the asshole had the nerve to cyphen the tank and not even put the gas cap back on. I put some gas in it from the spare gallons I keep in my back yard. Car ran very shitty, I thought that it was just the gas, then I popped the hood. Oil was ALL over the engine. I mean everywhere. Then I washed it and waxed it, rust spots under the paint in various areas and the paint was orange peeled to crap. You’d think when you pay roughly $17,000 for a 5 speed NA it would be exactly as described for that price.

To get the car to decent running condition I had to replace the ecu, igniter, valve covers, valve seals, spark plugs, throttle body, injectors, battery, mass air flow meter, clutch, and distributer.

Got the car running decently, added much needed engine mods, got it to a low 14 second car (not worth the money people! Ive been there and done that, turbo is the way to go. 300HP on an NA is not worth it.) so I went to firebird raceway last week, and the thing threw a rod. Now not only is the exterior of the car thrashed (side skirt fell off from the rust, front bumper is partially missing, and the seats are spray painted) I’ve finally decide to stop fucking around. Go big or go home as they say.

For now I want to keep some of the details a secret, but here are some pictures of some random things to show that this time I am not fucking around. ;) as soon as my discover card clears ill be buying a 61mm turbo kit from a member here, already sent a $200 down payment, not sure if he wants me to mention his name so I wont.
(sorry if some of that doesnt make sense, im still a little out of it from my surgury wednesday)

the car:

just started:

ryan trying to get the burnt on heater hose off:

some progress

guess what this is... :bowdown:

just had to tease everyone by leaning it against the fender = )

and another:

new pictures:

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
also new pictures:

perfect fit = )

And now for some receipts… can you guess which paypal payments were for the supra? = )

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the car will go under extensive body work, most of the interior has been fixed minus the seats, and engine wise this is whats gonna happen

forged internals
61mm turbo kit
virtualworks intake manifold
95mm throttle body

everythings been ordered except the turbo kit which will be ordered tonight or tomorrow... = ) ill post pictures of parts and progress and i get them.

here are some more new pictures:

and there heres some stuff i have for sale:

then i also have the veilside rear spats and the veilside driver side sideskirt for sale

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
Holy shit dude! Did you not see any pictures of the car or were the angles hiding the damages? Fuck that kid. He should be banned from the forums and you should try some legal action or something. Good luck with the car.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SupraMKIV2jz-GTE said:
Holy shit dude! Did you not see any pictures of the car or were the angles hiding the damages? Fuck that kid. He should be banned from the forums and you should try some legal action or something. Good luck with the car.
he only had 1 picture. and swore that the rest was in good condition, the bumper was fine when i got it... thats another story.. deals with construction equipment on the freeway at 1am.

anyways... this thread is dedicated to my old car... RIP

edit: wait nevermind he had 2 pictures, 1 fron teh front and 1 from the back, i was also under the impression that it was coming with his sound system since itw as including in the pictures and he never said anything about it not including it.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
na-tsupraking said:
wow that kid totally ripped you off.... well all that matters now is that its in a good home:bigthumb: cant wait for the after pics...
yeah, hoping to get the complete project done by SILV but im not sure if i can get the body work done by then. and i got over being ripped off after a few months, purchased the car back after the old one was wrecked, so its been a while. i wish the mods didnt delete his thread with it for sale though, i wanted to use it for refrence on how bad i got screwed

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
this car didn't happen to come from GA did it? Also, please edit the title of the thread.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
chnco said:
this car didn't happen to come from GA did it? Also, please edit the title of the thread.
edit the title to what?(ive already tried to get "fucking" out of it, i think a moderator has to edit it, im on vicodin right now and didnt realize i put it in the title) and yes it did come from GA.... do you know the real story on whatthe car went through before i bought it, please tell

·
Hardtop >
1,176 Posts
wait, did you change your username? Didnt someone named hydromatrix own this car? Or are you the same guy and changed your username? Those seats look terrible!! Hopefully you can get everything done right this time and make it look good. You should take some legal action against the fucker who sold you the car.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Por2geezSupra said:
wait, did you change your username? Didnt someone named hydromatrix own this car? Or are you the same guy and changed your username? Those seats look terrible!! Hopefully you can get everything done right this time and make it look good. You should take some legal action against the fucker who sold you the car.
changed my user name. and ive thought about legal action, but itd require lawyers, headaches, and so on, not to mention hes on the complete other side of the country. id say the car when i got it was only worth about maybe $13,000 so its about a 4k difference, i'd spend more than that in legal fees, so i had to bite the bullet on this one. and yeah the seats were tan, and looked even worse! hard to believe.. i know.. and then the car was vandalized and seats spreayed red so i just got some leather dye.. didnt work too well, planning on leather sparco milano non prestige

also, if a mod could change the title for me that would be great.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Just to detail how much of a bitch that motor was, I swear I went through half a pack of smokes in one day.

But I always win :)

Good luck Tyler..........we got a long road ahead. Your car has never been nice to me.

·
TuneLord
578 Posts
wow...........poor supra...what the freaking kid did to it....... =(
these kind of supra users need to get they asses kicked....

poor supra (but now it in good hands !!!)

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
Thats pretty shitty man. i thought i got dicked around with my supra purchase 3 years ago you got fucked. Ha i see my paypal account name on one of the pics above. woooot. you will have that piece by wen. i believe. cant wait to see the finished product should be awesome.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Larrabee said:
Thats pretty shitty man. i thought i got dicked around with my supra purchase 3 years ago you got fucked. Ha i see my paypal account name on one of the pics above. woooot. you will have that piece by wen. i believe. cant wait to see the finished product should be awesome.
yeah, lookin foward to getting it, still looking for someone selling tt valve covers but no luck, anyone know how much they go for new from toyota?

·
@llcoolgene
662 Posts
Whoa, biggest transaction was $8,xxx.....Was that the Abflug kit?? IIRC didn't you have a picture before with all the pieces layed out in front/next to the supra?? Looking good man, keeping the same color??

·
Registered
68 Posts
You do know that falsely advertising can be punishable. I would take that kid to could and get complete reimburshment for every part you pay.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts