Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been speaking about my build coming up for the past few months, but am now finally JUST starting to get some parts.

A small list of parts that will be added over the next month or so:
-Sparco R700A seats with Bride MO bases
-ProEFI with flex fuel
-Custom Tweak'd harness with MIL spec connector and MOJO LQ9 coil kit
-New fuel system with Magnafuel 4303 in tank + Weldon 2345a external, ID2000s
-Hypertune RACE intake with 102mm TB + direct port NX kit (175 shot)
-Carbon fiber steering wheel
-Carbon fiber exhaust shield
-Carbon fiber covered TOXIC LED tail lights
-Stu Hagen LED gauge cluster/HVAC controls
-Painted black calipers with chrome Supra decals
-Custom (secret) wheels, 18x11 and 18x9.5
-PHR power steering reservoir kit
-PHR billet pulley kit
-Billet tensioner bracket and upper shock arm

Here was my garage the other day. Still have TONS of spare parts left over from my last car. Check my sig for links to my for sale threads if you need any parts!

Got home from work today to find some of my first big parts had arrived! I got my seats, which I was literally overwhelmed with excitement for. They were the very last pair of R700As imported into the USA (apparently, according to Sparco). Unfortunately, upon unboxing one was damaged. Thankfully, I called Sparco and they're sending me new pieces to fix it! :D

The seats are temporarily just sitting on a couple blocks of wood until my Bride bases come in. MVP had to order them from Japan, along with other parts. Jesse told me to order $15k, or more, in parts overnighted from Japan, so I did.

I will be working on the car every day to get it ready for TX2K, and can't wait to show off the car when it's all done! I have ordered literally nothing but the best, and I have a bit of a theme going with the car; see if you can guess the theme! :)

Hyptertune with black anodized runners and sleeper direct port

Weldon secondary pump + dial a flow

Pulled the flywheel off for cleaning and found my rear main was leaking a bit. Replacing it just in case.

Gauges/HVAC converted to LED by Stu.

UPDATE 1/25/14:

Motor is in!

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
they just left them at your front door? and they were still there when you got home?

anyway, they look very nice, keep us updated.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, I was a bit surprised that they didn't require a signature. I actually got some stuff stolen from my front yard, including my truck tonneau cover, when I first moved in. Scary, but nobody stole them!

·
Registered
268 Posts
they just left them at your front door? and they were still there when you got home?

anyway, they look very nice, keep us updated.
That's what I'm saying. I bought a used set of Sparco's. From the time my buddy loaded them to his truck, gassed up and drove 30 min to my house to drop them off he had 3 people flag him down on the drive wanting to buy, one in the gas station and another that drove by my house when dropping off. Next day the guy texturing my ceilings asked me to buy them as well.

lucky they still were there especially with the large Sparco logo on the box

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My roommate was home, so I assume his car kept anyone from coming in our driveway. Definitely would have cried if they had gotten stolen, but ultimately it would have been Sparco's responsibility, since they didn't get a signature confirmation on shipping.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got some more parts in today! I should be starting to build the fuel system next week after installing the motor this weekend!

Hypertune RACE intake manifold (102mm TB) with sleeper direct port

Weldon 2345a with dial a flow (secondary pump)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
OP, did I miss what car you have? What year, auto or 6spd? Is this an NA swap or are going going APU or? Keep the pics flowing!

·
Super Moderator
10,283 Posts
OP, did I miss what car you have? What year, auto or 6spd? Is this an NA swap or are going going APU or? Keep the pics flowing!
This is a Texas Mile record holding '98QS 6-spd car that was owned & built by Tommy Bahn @ Autobahn. Supradupaflyguy bought it as a very high-quality rolling chassis with only 11k actual miles.

Looks like once this build is done, it'll once again be one of the finest examples of the breed.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check my sig for a pic and specs. Wreckless is correct. This is the car that set the Texas mile record in 2010 at 247.7. I had a 98 IJM before this with "21k" miles, but this car is literally flawless, which is exactly what I wanted. I will be sparing no expense with building this car, and can't wait to show it off at TX2K! I'm hoping it will be one of, if not THE, nicest Supra there. :)

I bought the car as pretty much JUST the body. No engine, turbo, intercooler, EMS, seats, wheels/tires, or anything. So nothing on the car is really built by Tommy anymore; it's a brand new build. Only things on the car left over were the roll cage and parachute, battery relocation, and some miscellaneous (detached) parts like the 4 point harnesses and all the stock spare pieces.

I still have over $15k in parts that have yet to come in. MVP is waiting on a few things to come from Japan to complete my order, and my wheels are still a few weeks out being custom made. After I get the motor in this weekend though, I should be rolling pretty quickly on things. Can't wait to update further!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Check my sig for a pic and specs. Wreckless is correct. This is the car that set the Texas mile record in 2010 at 247.7. I had a 98 IJM before this with "21k" miles, but this car is literally flawless, which is exactly what I wanted. I will be sparing no expense with building this car, and can't wait to show it off at TX2K! I'm hoping it will be one of, if not THE, nicest Supra there. :)

I bought the car as pretty much JUST the body. No engine, turbo, intercooler, EMS, seats, wheels/tires, or anything. So nothing on the car is really built by Tommy anymore; it's a brand new build. Only things on the car left over were the roll cage and parachute, battery relocation, and some miscellaneous (detached) parts like the 4 point harnesses and all the stock spare pieces.

I still have over $15k in parts that have yet to come in. MVP is waiting on a few things to come from Japan to complete my order, and my wheels are still a few weeks out being custom made. After I get the motor in this weekend though, I should be rolling pretty quickly on things. Can't wait to update further!
Awesome. Congrats and have fun with the build! Look forward to seeing it come together

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
This should be awesome! :)

1 - 20 of 221 Posts