Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yesturday the starter cabe decided to come off... so i couldnt figure out why it wont crank over till i got home(had to push start). then roday(this morning) i got outside and the supra wont turn on again. now it cranks over but wont start.

theres an occational times where it gets like its about to start... i notice that my boost gauge would jump to about 18 psi then back to zero. but thats about it.

i check the efi fuse its good. along with all the other switch.

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Battery could be going out. Sometimes a battery can have enough charge to turn the car over but not enough to start the car. If that is the case, also check your alternator to make sure it's charging the battery.

·
Registered
112 Posts
wh0wants2know said:
Battery could be going out. Sometimes a battery can have enough charge to turn the car over but not enough to start the car. If that is the case, also check your alternator to make sure it's charging the battery.
Are you serious? I wouldn't think in a million years it would take more juice to make a tiny spark than to turn all shit inside the engine.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
DevinWolfe said:
Are you serious? I wouldn't think in a million years it would take less juice to make a tiny spark than to turn all shit inside the engine.
He's serious. lol I've seen it many times. Hopefully that's all it is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
well, I guess I learned something new today then. I had seriously never even heard of that.

Thanks for the info. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
got it figured out?
its happened to me and just 2 weeks ago i had to jump start my friends car cuz it did the same thing

·
Registered
149 Posts
DevinWolfe said:
Are you serious? I wouldn't think in a million years it would take more juice to make a tiny spark than to turn all shit inside the engine.
Just becouse it looks small dosn't mean it really is small. theres enoff power going by the coil to kill. I don't know spot on what the supra puts out but its not something you wanna mess with.

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
I've been zapped by a 7M coil a few more times than I'd care to count. Still alive, here. Voltage has nothing to do with if it'll kill a person or not, that's all about the Amperage.

Check the wires (Jiggle them) to the cam position sensor on the passenger, front side of the head. See if that helps ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts