Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if my flywheel is ng and leaking grease like you said will it hold up for one last drag day....it is tomorrow so i dont have anytime to replace it...this might be a stupid question but i have never heard fo a flywheel causing a oil or grease leak..thanks

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
T61supradean said:
if my flywheel is ng and leaking grease like you said will it hold up for one last drag day....it is tomorrow so i dont have anytime to replace it...this might be a stupid question but i have never heard fo a flywheel causing a oil or grease leak..thanks
We have a weird flywheel that is a 33lb two-piece internally lubricated unit. The stock flywheel is still best for drag racing. Invest in a new one the next time you remove the transmission.

That having been said, like I mentioned in the other post, the grease you're seeing might instead be motor oil from a leaking rear main crankshaft seal mixed with clutch dust...... I've seen that before. But if your flywheel is making a lot of noise and it's a stock flywheel, it's blown so the grease could indeed be from the flywheel.

Andi

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it is grease for sure. there is a small oil leak also but its not coming from the rear main. i replaced it 2000 miles ago. its not the oil lines for the turbo, not the vavle covers and not theoil pans which were replaced also. i understand now where the grease is coming from but the oil i cant figure it out. it drips right where the bell housing meets the block....i will get a new flywheel for sure..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts