Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the receivers have animated faces? Not just the average row of bars that go up and down, I mean like Pioneer's DEH-P7300. I've got a Sony CDX-M610, and it has great looks, and pretty good SQ(thumps 4x 5 1/4's respectfully), but I want to get a lively new deck for under $800...any suggestions?

Also, was considering the Pioneer DEH-P9300. Are there any sites that show the screensavers in motion?? Also how good of a job does it serve as the basis for a system?

-Thanks

·
651 Posts
That new 9300 Pioneer has a pretty cool lookin' face. Don't know of a website that shows the screensavers in action. I would try Pioneers website.. whatever that may be.

There are no stereo shops in your area that have this deck up on display?? Best Buy does have it.. Try them.

The only thing I would say is "bad" about this deck is the complexity. The damn manual is the size of the Manhattan phone book!

Other than that, if you are somewhat intelligent and one of the few people that actually READ the manual before going to the shop where you bought the unit and ask questions. You should love the deck.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which deck?

This is just my .02, so take it for what it's worth...

Stay away from the fancy graphic decks. I have an Alpine CD-MAX, and it works GREAT. It has almost no features, but i don't need them. the deck reproduces sounds cleaner and better that any deck I have heard. If you want a great deck, go with one built for sound quality. Don't get me wrong, the graphic decks are cool, but you arn't buying a deck to watch, you are buying one to listen to. I would look into Nakamichi, Alpine, Eclipse, or Clarion deck as they make very simple, very clean decks. Plus, the Nakamichi (and top-level Clarion) decks look very elegant, classy, and downright sweet.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the new panasonic CQ-DFX701U has 6 different pictures that move with the music. i think that is the best one you can get right now, animation wise.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clarion

The new Clarion claims to have a screensaver, but i'm not actually sure if it "moves" i've looked for it @ the stores, but none of them have it. :mad:

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
i got a clarion with 2 screen savers and i am totally pissed at it, lets jsut say the more complicated the decks are the more chances that something will break on them, i for example now have no screen on my reciever, its just black, everything works but i cant see what im doing, thank goodness every station was programmed in and music was set b4 this happen oh btw my deck is like 2 months old and i have to send it to clarion to fix because even the local people can not fix it, its gonna cost about 125 to fix:mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Kenwood Z828 MP3/CD receiver has 5 or 6 different displays that you can choose from. One is a really cool video of the Maclaren F1.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with Dr Wankel on the Kenwood. I have the Z727, similar face to the Z828. Very lively unit, 8 different displays that I can think of. Although, I don't have a McLaren F1 screensaver in mine, but a regular grand prix F1 race. I also installed a Panasonic CQ-DF801 head unit in my brother's car and the display is really eye catching in that one as well. More "scenic" displays, e.t. driving through cities, flying with birds, etc. I was deciding between the Kenwood, Panasonic, and Pioneer DEH-P9300, but opted for the Kenwood instead.

Alan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get the Premier you can downlaod videos for it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts