Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I have fallen I to a decent lexus Ls400.. never have a v8 lexus.. finally getting rid of my Saab for another Toyota/lexus.. it a 98 lexus ls400 with 177k miles on it.. needs alittle love.. but hey they are amazing cars from. What I am hearing

·
Super Moderator
13,816 Posts
Nice score! I had a '91 LS400 for almost a decade. I sold it about 5 years ago and I've missed it ever since. Not exactly the most fuel efficient vehicle for driving around town, but once the maintenance issues etc are addressed (timing belt, water pump, suspension bushings/air suspension etc) that car is like driving around a comfortable couch.

What are your plans for it? Any pictures?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice score! I had a '91 LS400 for almost a decade. I sold it about 5 years ago and I've missed it ever since. Not exactly the most fuel efficient vehicle for driving around town, but once the maintenance issues etc are addressed (timing belt, water pump, suspension bushings/air suspension etc) that car is like driving around a comfortable couch.

What are your plans for it? Any pictures?
Plans is just fix the little issues with it and just damn drive it . Not slam it ... lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,816 Posts
Nice!!! Being a '98, it has the VVTi 1UZ and 5-spd auto, right? Factory nav was an option but these days it's incredibly dated - but there's a few ways to integrate bluetooth and other connectivity to the stock screen.

What work does it need?

·
Registered
2001 Nissan Altima SE
394 Posts
NIce! My last project was an 01 LS430 UL. They are solid cars and very reliable. Those older LS platforms are a great bang for your buck. They have a lot of features and creature comforts that rival cars many years newer.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am glad I made it switch to a luxury Toyota.. hell I have always wanted a v8 car... I was tempted to get it and V8 swap my supra.. then I realized that I have a great comfy luxury car, that needs a little love.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We used to call them LIQUID...

Because that's what they used to feel like on the highway.

Surprised the military never picked any up for battle tanks.

We had a storm one year that produced golf ball sized hail. Tore up everything except the 92 Camry and my neighbor's LS400. Both the cars had double panels with polymer in between. That stuff was hard to dent.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We used to call them LIQUID...

Because that's what they used to feel like on the highway.

Surprised the military never picked any up for battle tanks.

We had a storm one year that produced golf ball sized hail. Tore up everything except the 92 Camry and my neighbor's LS400. Both the cars had double panels with polymer in between. That stuff was hard to dent.
Oh wow... see you gonna make me us that as my license plate lol... this thing is pretty solid.. wish I got one sooner. But nooooo...

·
Super Moderator
13,816 Posts
I sold my '91 with about 350,000 miles on it. My only problems were the air suspension, front upper control arms, and two PS pumps (got a bad reman one from Autozone, go figure).
Otherwise I did a timing belt and changed the fluids a few times and that was it. Got ~24-25mpg on the highway at 80-85mph, pretty impressive for the age and its gearing.

My old LS is still running around my town, too. The guy I sold it to did a VIP-esque build with coilovers and some wheels, and since then it's changed hands a few more times, and repainted to full white instead of the white/silver 2-tone it was, and got a Japanese style police car sort of build done. It has blue lights on the roof and a bunch of other stuff going on, and I see it cruising around ABQ every so often.
Damnit this thread has me all nostalgic for another UCF10 or a UCF20!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I did this because Fuck IS500 prices. sweet LS400 @Chocolate Cowboy

$400 will make an IS200T make beautiful Stu Stu Stu noises

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Gauge Vehicle

1 - 20 of 39 Posts