Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've opened this up to other Toyota makes as of this year/last year and I'd love to get some Celica/Supra guys out (I'll have my 83 Guam import p-type with digi dash and trip computer out here too). I know one newer Celica owner was talking about coming down from Raleigh, usual turnout the past few times has been 16 MR2's and up, had 32 a few years back when we outgrew our old location in South Charlotte. This is my post from the MR2 site...

Ok guys, it's that time again... annual July 4th meet. To promote confusion we'll call this the July 4th on July 3rd meet at the farm. (not THE farm, that's in Virginia and is altogether different...)

Date: Sunday, July 3rd
Time: 11-3ish
Lunch: pickup from Farley's Pizza up the street... they have pastas, salads, calzones, lots more, good food of course pizza and they have some $5 lunch deals I think.
Corner of Tom Laney and Doster roads in Mineral Springs just southeast of Charlotte... between Waxhaw and Monroe just off highway 75.

We'll try to stay in some shade, but some cars may get parked in the sun... we have renters over here now in the house so we've got to kinda stay on "our side" so to speak and give them their room as well, but we'll have some areas in the shade to hang out. Hopefully we'll have some other Toyotas out as well, may have a few Celicas and Supras, my 83 will be out there with the MR2's. Sold the 86 hardtop chassis so it should be gone and out of the way by the 4th. Please note, this is the same location as last year, not the previous location 5 minutes up the street at my parent's place... my place works out a little easier and so we're going to go with this again.

Ok, so what am I forgetting to add? Bring as many MR2's and Toyota folks as you can, would love to increase the turnout size this year! I've had really good response on folks planning to attend, so everything sounds good! Don't really need a check-in thread, but it would be cool to guestimate how many are planning to come out so I'll have enough chairs and some table action for folks, so I guess it'd be nice to know who's planning to attend... so post below if you think you'll make it. We've got a few that have RSVP'd on the meetup group site too, others seriously considering the drive, even a few from Raleigh. For those who still want to have a little MR2 drive, we can do that I'm sure as well. Hope to see you guys here!!

Aaron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So we've got another Celica Supra guy trying to come down after some family stuff, and we've got a convoy of some MR2's and Celicas coming from the Raleigh area down for the meet too... looks like 15-20 MR2's alone so far along with like 3-5 Celica guys and hopefully a couple of other Supra fellas too. Anyone interested in the caravan let me know by pm your e-mail and I'll try to get you in touch with the MR2 fella that suggested it. I'm working towards building the meet back to the 30 car number we had when we overwhelmed our old location at the end of a culdasac in south charlotte (literally 20 minutes from the old location here). 30 MR2's, a mkIV supra and a Lotus was sweet to see!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, I picked this one up from a former US Airforce service person who imported her p-type back to the US from Guam when she finished up there. It was a one owner when I got it, she bought it new and apparently at least some of the Guam import cars got some options that the US cars didn't :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts