Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am making progress on my 2JZGTE 240Z swap and thought I would share too.
I had a buddy of mine host a couple of pictures, and here they are...
http://rick.thebowersplace.com/pix/2JZZ032.jpg
http://rick.thebowersplace.com/pix/2JZZ031.jpg
I hope to be running in a few weeks :bigthumb:
Thanks to the guys at Mazworx for their quality workmanship!!
Installed are the roll cage, fuel cell, seats, 5-point harnesses, engine, tranny, downpipe, exhaust, radiator, intercooler, dash w/ autometer gauges, etc.
I still have electronics (painless wiring harness), brake lines w/ line lock, fuel lines to run, and TEC II to install, driveshaft to be made and I should be good to go. I'll post more as the swap pregresses.

Regards,
mike

·
Registered
594 Posts
man...i just love the oldschool 240 body...great car and great engine...best of luck to you on finishing it off. make sure you post some pictures up when it's finished

·
Classic Cars = Secks
490 Posts
Looks clean. Much different than my 260Z, which is a huge rats nest of severed wires.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Very nice! Wish I'd done that instead of a 383SBC :D

Reactions: Mr. Wob

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got a few more pics on the web. I finished installing fender flares and 16x8 old school 3 piece HRE's. As far as body goes, I have to install the front chin spoiler, bumpers and fender mirrors. I'll be back at it today , working on the wiring end of things....arghh, my favorite...
Pictures are over on www.HybridZ.org in my photo album.
Here's the link
http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7981

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the props guys, I will keep the thread updated as I progress.

SUPER-MKIV - 650+ rwhp and hopefully weigh in ~ 2650 lbs including driver

chidoks - TH400 auto

BLKMGK - You can still do the 2JZ... I bet your 383 would fetch a pretty penny :p

·
Registered
939 Posts
VERYY CLEAN!! Hope to see it cruising around in Orlando sometime soon!

JD

·
Registered
594 Posts
here's a couple of inquiries i have into the build of the 240/supra

how much does a typical swap go for?
how much custom work needs to be put in?
is there a subframe kit that is available for the engine?
how hard is it to wire up everything?
is the stock rear end used or is it upgraded?

i've been checking back on this thread everyday and i just can't get it out of my head...when i saw a silver 240 with some sort of swap a couple years back, i thought it was one of the most beautiful cars i've seen...does anyone have a link to this swap? thanks for your help

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how much does a typical swap go for?
Depends on how bare bones or how modified you want to go...

how much custom work needs to be put in?
The main custom work consists of the engine mounts, tranny mount and custom driveshaft. I have no clearance issues with steering rack, front crossmember, or tranny tunnel. The T88H header, turbo and downpipe easily clear the shock tower and firewall. It really fits like it belongs in there. Wiring depends on whether you go stock wiring harness, or stand alone. I chose stand alone.

is there a subframe kit that is available for the engine?
I had a cradle made to mount the stock engine mounts and it is welded to both framerails. The builder wants to see how mine goes first, and he will consider making a few duplicates...

how hard is it to wire up everything?
Again, depends on what you want.. I chose standalone, so there is really minimal wiring to make it run. I am running an 18 circuit painless (yeah right) wiring harness to do the rest of the car.

is the stock rear end used or is it upgraded?
I am running a 3.36 300zx turbo LSD and 300zx turbo CV axles. I may eventually have to come up w/ another solution, but we'll see how strong this stuff is first.

If you have any more Q's I'll be more than happy to answer them I have always had old Z cars (for 17 years now) and am amazed with the 2JZGTE potential, so for me it was a no brainer on what to do...:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts