Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rich's Z just went 9.860 @ 121.23 (All boost) at Englishtown...He made a deal with the officials that if he kept it no lower than 10 seconds, he could race (needs a 12 pt cage and special license to be able to run 9's at the strip)...He was just trying to win the event ($300 and trophy)... thats why he was braking at the end of the track...Too bad the car still wanted to go 9's and he got kicked out lol

Rich's 9.86 run

In other news, the Z's have a new record for stock turbos and No NOS: 11.230 @ 124.75, with a so so 1.7 60'...A possible 10 second stock turbo Z?... INSANE!!

Ken's 11.2 run

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
thats great news for the Z's!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats to him. Rich is a hell of a nice guy.

-Corey

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
11.20's on stock turbos?? thats insane I never thought the Z could pull that off. What setup is he running? I know my friends Z was pretty damn fast with a JDM Fairlady engine and 18lbs of boost

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jkisneffect said:
that z is an auto right?

Rich's Z is auto and the stock turbo Z is manual.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i was at etown watching it...i was amazed and stunned when he ran the 9.860 with a 121 MPH trap....very very impressive!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Olmytsi said:
I saw that Z run and i couldnt believe it. I was wondering why he never ran after the 9 second pass. My buddy got an awesome picture of one of the burnouts...he was in the staging lanes.

HUGE PHOTO

http://members.aol.com/olmytdadon/9SECZ32.jpg

Isnt this the second z to hit 9s in the us?

Thanks for the pic ;)

There are 2 street Z32's running 9's with prooves (video/time slip), but I've heard about a Z from TX (SGP Racing) that did it last year, but no tape or time slip to back it up tho.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Amazing!

I was wondering is that 11.2 @ 125 on Stock turbos or "re-wheeled" stock turbo (larger wheel in stock housing)?

125mph is ALOT of power for a stock turbo 300TT! :eek2:

What are his list of mods or is there a web site that has that information?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

O

·
0 Posts
Rich will never admit WTF he is running. I raced him once and he had NOS on and said stock turbos stock boost! I was single on 10psi. He pulled about 1 car on me. Everyone called him out on that lie.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Orzel said:
Rich will never admit WTF he is running. I raced him once and he had NOS on and said stock turbos stock boost! I was single on 10psi. He pulled about 1 car on me. Everyone called him out on that lie.
That is one of the reasons I asked about his turbos

ie An mk3T running properly can do 300-340RWHP on a stock turbo, but if you do a "rebuild" and shove a 60 + trim wheel in there, you are now making over 400-450 RWHP (naturally with more fuel and tune etc).

If it was complete stock turbo (which I HIGHTLY doubt) it is a great accomplishment but, if it is rewheeled (still awsome but just state the truth) I can understand his trap/HP becasue of what that does for a mk3/ct-26.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
Bored User
336 Posts
Isn't that the damn honest truth. There are some guys that can spike the upper teens, but that's all she wrote.

Mellon, I'm BOOSTD on 3si... I don't know why, but that's the only forum that I've used that alias... I've been on there since '00.

Mellonpopr said:
very impressive from both cars... the fastest stock turbo'd stealth is like high 11's without nitrous :( 9b's are only good for about 10-12psi at redline haha.

·
Banned
381 Posts
Bobbyfali said:
That is one of the reasons I asked about his turbos

ie An mk3T running properly can do 300-340RWHP on a stock turbo, but if you do a "rebuild" and shove a 60 + trim wheel in there, you are now making over 400-450 RWHP (naturally with more fuel and tune etc).

If it was complete stock turbo (which I HIGHTLY doubt) it is a great accomplishment but, if it is rewheeled (still awsome but just state the truth) I can understand his trap/HP becasue of what that does for a mk3/ct-26.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

Just asked, turbos are stock and not rewheeled.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts