Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Hau was in my area and he called me because he knew I wanted some help on my map for my AEM. Well Mike91t has also recently got his car finished and installed an AEM and he came up to. Turns out that Hau couldn't do much for Mike because his car was breaking up bad as soon as it got into boost. turns out his DLI wasn't grounded correctly. More tuning to come on his.

Next came mine. Ryan23 helped me out originally and tuned the car for around 14PSI. He didn't realize that I was running Methanol injection so he scaled everything up to 24-25PSI without driving it and told me that everything should be close. The most I have been running was 22-23 PSI spiking to 24 every now and then.

Well with a tank full of 94oct mixed with 6Gallons of Torco 116 Hau sat in my passenger seat with his laptop ready to log and I first did a pull at 22-23 PSI so he could log it on the highway and make sure everything looked good. As soon as I was done doing the pull he said " Damn, what the hell do you want me to tune again?!!" :lol: I was like I want to start turning up the boost and it is in uncharted territory.

I turn the boost up 10%more on the EVC5 and do another pull.... 25PSI and damn it fells good. Hau looks at the logs. Everything looks great. turn it up more and then bam! it hits boost cut. so Hau ups the boost cut. I do another pull and it feels even better. I turn up the controller and then bam! it hits boost cut again. I spiked to 32.5 [email protected]! Damn I couldn't get it to boost to 29-30 psi It just kept spiking to 31-32.5 psi. well for now I'll have to settle for 27-28PSI. And WOW what a good FEELING!!!!

So thanks for the good tune Ryan and thanks for taking time out of your day to help look things over for me Hau!

Cliffs: Ryan23 put a very good tune on my car, I tweaked with it a small amount, Hau said "what the hell do you want me to tune? It runs great!"

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Impressive, I too have heard that Ryan23 knows his shit when it comes to the AEM. As well as Hau.

vnt :bigthumb:

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex D said:
Awesome to hear you got to feel the car at 28psi. Feels good doesn't it?

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! I need to get this damn wheel lock key problem fixed and get back to the track!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Glad to see you finally got everything the way you wanted it. You seemed awfully anxious at the Millersville show to get it running well.

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tatanko said:
Glad to see you finally got everything the way you wanted it. You seemed awfully anxious at the Millersville show to get it running well.

It ran ok there, just too rich. I took some fuel out then Ryan took a little more. Now it seems good. No breakup. Hopefully it will act the same on the dyno.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Great job with the tune Ryan, Josh's car felt great!
Can't wait to line up our cars and do some fun pulls Josh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts