Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for an hour and I decided to give up.

So the question is: Which is the BOV that makes a "chuu chu chu chu" fluttering sound found in the Amuse and Ridox Supra besides the HKS Racing ones?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Yeah....thats what I've heard several mkiv guys call the "three stooges" noise. It's compressor surge that you don't want to hear when you have the air cleaner cover off (at idle) or if you already have an open element set-up.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are right about the compression surge, but then I still remember hearing a blow off valve that makes a "CHUU" noise, no fluttering, just one clear "chuu". Any ideas on what this mystery BOV would be?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Ahhh, well then Iwould say you will get several answers then :)
Not sure if you can pinpoint a valve by asking this :(
I don't know

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'll just go buy all the BOV's out on the market and try them out then. :D

As far as the ones that I've heard, the HKS SSQV, Apexi's, Greddy's, Blitz's, and ARC's are not the answer. I haven't heard the SARD R2D2 and Tial's yet so it might just be those, I have no idea.

·
Useless Member
717 Posts
try to look thru the audio/video stuff to see if you can hear it in any of that, then link it here...

just my two cents...

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
:p

Just get the HKS or Blitz Enough Said!

TOMsSupra said:

So the question is: Which is the BOV that makes a "chuu chu chu chu" fluttering sound found in the Amuse and Ridox Supra besides the HKS Racing ones?

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
Only one I have ever heard make that noise was the HKS racing type 2. Unfortunately that is not what you wanted to hear. Drew

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
The sound off the HKS racing BOV sucks... Go with Blitz supersound, it really rockz!!! Is ur driving single and more than 1.3 bar get the HKS SSQ, with the BlitZ....

Thats a awsome combo ( My current coice on my car )

mHV
Runi :dj:

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
it is the wastegate u hear makeing that sound. external gates make that chu chu sound not the bov if the bov makes it then its surgeing which is not good. i searched for that sound when shopping for a bov and eventually found a car that sounded that way and it was a external gate, then the dump tube makes it sound even better. no bov makes that sound without surgeing.

·
Champagne Papi
5,694 Posts
Greeddy Type S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:D

vrommmmmmmmmmmm ptsssssssssssssssssssssssss

-Shant

·
Registered
892 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
it is the wastegate u hear makeing that sound. external gates make that chu chu sound not the bov if the bov makes it then its surgeing which is not good. i searched for that sound when shopping for a bov and eventually found a car that sounded that way and it was a external gate, then the dump tube makes it sound even better. no bov makes that sound without surgeing.
No. You're wrong. An external gate vents all the exhaust routed past the WG to the atmosphere, so it simply sounds like a loud-as-fuck exhaust. There is NO fluttering involved in an open WG. It's either a BOV that's too tight(which is still causing surging) like I'd explained earlier, or compressor surge.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Midnight Hour said:
No. You're wrong. An external gate vents all the exhaust routed past the WG to the atmosphere, so it simply sounds like a loud-as-fuck exhaust. There is NO fluttering involved in an open WG. It's either a BOV that's too tight(which is still causing surging) like I'd explained earlier, or compressor surge.
loud-as-fuck, that is excatly how all of my friends, and myself have always described my external gate vent to people who what to know what it sounds like. :D LOL !

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yikes! I guess I'll just have to settle with the HKS SSQV then. :eek:

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
TheDane said:
The sound off the HKS racing BOV sucks...
mHV
Runi :dj:
A complete fictional opinion, as in the HKS Racing Type II is the best BOV money can buy and the sound of it is absolutley SICK! it sounds like a gun going off and its BADASS, not too loud but BADASS, here ill link you to Nils car with the BOV :) i smile whenever i watch the video

http://www.to4r.com/members/nilsleufven.html
video is on the top of the page, To4r_ad.mov

Brett

1 - 20 of 21 Posts